Thursday, February 05, 2004

What a day!!!

Hit an all time stress high yesterday.

Spent 3hrs on the phone organising the power, phone, gas, final valuations, lawyers, bank managers, hiring truck, getting house and contents insurance, organising cover letters from insurance company to soliciter, change of address forms, setting up appointments with builders and the list goes on!! I hate that part of moving.

Talking to the solicitor makes the process seem so impersonal ... like its some business transaction not like moving into our dream home that we have been saving our butts off for the last 6mths. lol oh well .. guess they have to be like that.

Found out that we have over a $1000 lawyers fees to pay ($899 fees and a couple of hundred Rates and ARC rates to pay) next Tuesday when we sign all the papers for the house. I knew it was coming up but the bank said they would put $500 towards it. I've since found out that we have to pay it first and they reinburse it back (who knows when).

We really needed some duvet inners and new pillows for the whole family so had planned on using that money for that ... there goes that idea!

Then my printer went on the blink dropping blobs of ink on every page I printed. And when I suddenly realised I needed another Majenta ink cartridge for over the long weekend my ink supplier said he was all out of stock and the next shipment wouldnt be in till next week ... I NEED IT NOW THO!!! (funny the guy didn't seem to understand that)

Then to top it off ... Bill ate the last of the cheese I had planned to use for dinner ... so he got a BLAST call from me ripping his head off, pulling it to pieces and throwing it all over the floor!!! He replied .. ''Is it safe for me to come home? or do I find somewhere else to sleep?'' At which I laughed and realised it was nothing to do with the cheese and nothing to do with anything Bill had done. Aww poor guy lol. So at that stage I quite doing business work for the night and sat down to watch Shortland Street instead. Bill walked in from work very sheepishly, came up to me and gave me a big hug ... just what I needed! Awww I love my man ... he's the best!

Hence I didn't finish the job I had planned to yesterday but not to worry ... the important thing was I didn't turn to food ... a few cigerettes maybe lol ... but not food ... yay me!!

So I'm back to the grindstone today trying to sort everything again. But at least I'm in a much better mood to face it today :)

Have a great holiday Lynda!!! I'm gonna miss your updates but I'm sure that will be the last thing on your brain while you are sunbathing on the beach with that georgous bod of yours :) We want lots of pics when you get back!!!

Had some more really cool emails from people the last few days. I tell ya ... you guys really don't know how much that means when I'm having a chit day to come online and hear people say such kind words! Kinda stops me in my tracks and helps me see the big picture again and forget about my daily stresses. I try to reply to every one of the emails I get but somedays I'm worried some might slip through that I don't get a chance to reply to ... so if you have sent me an email with no reply then take these words especially for you ..."It has been a huge support to me the last few months and means so much to me ... so THANKYOU!!

Funny how even writing this journal clears my head and helps me get started so focussed each day. Enough head spin talk ... on with work!!

Catcha
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 78.9kg
GW 65kg

No comments: