Friday, February 27, 2004

Another 'Moment' To Share

I have a 'moment' to share with you guys ...

Last night I was feeling tired after a housecleaning day of vacuuming, weeding the lawn, washing and just generally tidying up the house. Bill rang before he left work to ask if I wanted a bottle of wine and I told him "no that if I wanted anything there was a little rum here but that I didn't really need it."

He came home and when he realised there was no diet coke in the fridge asked me if I wanted him to go get some. Again I said "no it's okay". He then proceeded to say if he didn't go then I needed to. I assertively said "I didn't need any and that neither of us needed to go". But hobbling on his sore foot (he tore his ligament a week ago) he made me feel really bad by going down the road to get me some diet coke anyway. When he got back I said thanks and promptly put it in the fridge for another night.

Then an hour later he got the glass out and poured me a very strong rum and diet coke (boy this guy doesn't give up). Talk about determination needed to resist this one. Deep down I really did want one but I had been so good all day and I knew this would put me over in points. And with an outing planned to the cricket on Saturday I knew I needed to save any extra points not waste them on alcohol. For a split moment I gave in and took a sip. Saying to myself that it was poured now, I had to drink it. Then some tiny amount of willpower came up within me to say that I actually didn't have to drink it and that if I didn't I would feel much better and prouder of myself for it. So guess what?? I tipped it down the sink!!! After taking one sip I was still able to throw it away!

That moment concluded a very successful day for me in every possible way ... came in under points but still ate 3 meals and 3 snacks, drank 1.6litres of water (wahoo!!), did 5pts of exercise and today I FEEL DAMN SEXY FOR IT!!! :))

Eating for yesterday ...

Breakfast - 2.5pts
WW cereal - 2pts
skim milk - 0.5pt

Snack - 1pt
Apple - 1pt

Lunch - 2pts
2 slices bread - 2pts
tomato - 0pt
cucumber - 0pt

Snack - 1pt
Apple - 1pt

Dinner - 9pts
Giant beef pattie - 6pts (owch)
Potato - 2pts
Salad - 0pts
Dressing - 0.5pt
Lite Tomato Sauce - 0.5pt

Snack - 1pt
Apple - 1pt

Total Points used - 16.5pts
Water - 1.6litres ... wahooo!!
Exercise - Vacuuming 1hr 2.5pts, Gardening 1hr 2.5pts

Bonus Points - 5pts
Total Bonus Points - 5pts
Points saved - 3.5pts
Total saved - 3.5pts


I am soooo motivated at the moment ... think I've started a new phase ... wahooo ... goal here I come!!!

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 76.4kg
GW 65kg

No comments: