Friday, February 13, 2004

We're here!!!

*NEW PHOTO OF THE FINISHED HOUSE IN THE PHOTO ALBUM*

(I'll try and get some one's done of the furniture inside too)

We are here!!! And I'm absolutely KNACKERED!!!! My feet hurt, my back hurts but hey who cares ... because we are in our very own house!!!! Wahoooo!!!

For the first two days I kept pinching myself. It felt like I was in a ''flash as'' motel but what was really cool ... we didn't have to check out in the morning!!! :)

Now for the details of the past few days ... we got a call on Monday last week from the valuer to say he hadn't done the final inspection for the valuation yet. I gave him a sturn hurry along given that the bank needed that done before they would pay out the money and the builders wouldnt give us keys until they had been paid. And we only had a window of 4 or 5 hours that we had the truck and dad to drive it. So it all had to go smoothly or we would be up the poo.

But our stress was for nothing because settlement went through at 11.30am (we planned for 1pm) ... plenty of time. We packed the truck up, did a final vacuum of the old house and we were off. I drove one car up (loaded to the top with stuff). I said a little prayer before I left ''God, please don't let there be any cops on my way today''. Because I had misplaced my drivers licence at the solicitors the day before, my car was overloaded, I couldn't see out the back window or the left side mirror, I had a tyre that was almost flat while I drove to the nearest service station to pump it up and my warrent of fitness had expired a few weeks ago and I hadn't managed to get it done yet. So off I went .... then came around a corner and stumbled on a road block!! Ohhh nooo!!! Had brief thoughts of doing a runner but figured my car didn't go fast enough to outrun any cops lol. So wound down my window and faced the music. ''Excuse me maam, we're just doing some WOF and licence checks today'' DAMN!!! lol At least he was nice enough to me ... gave me a $200 fine for the WOF which would be disregarded if I got it within 14 days and let me off for not having my drivers licence on me. To be honest ... I really didn't care what he gave me ... I just bought a HOUSE!!! lol

So we got to Auckland ... finally ... felt like the longest trip I have ever made! We had to have the truck unloaded in just over an hour so dad could get it back to Hamilton and milk cows. So we ran for the next while as quick as we could. We decided to start unpacking boxes there and then too. My younger brother came by later after work to give us a hand too ... armed with pizza!!! I really wasn't in any state of mind to refuse pizza lol. Got the beds set up, kids in bed and sat down for a few drinks which turned into many!! lol

We both decided to set up the computer desk and computer which became quite hilarious in our drunken state!! lol ... Ever tried setting up computers while out of your brains lol? Can be quite funny.

At 1am in the morning Bill and I decided to go for a walk around the naubourhood, so blotto we couldn't walk a straight line lol. We were just so relieved to finally be here!! We have never worked so hard for anything!

We had a great time and finally tucked ourselves into bed around 2am. Problem with that was we both woke up with terrible hangovers yet with so much work still to do lol. Silly people lol. But we persevered on yesterday and got 95% of it done. And I finished the last of it off this morning. So we are all unpacked except for a few boxes in the garage but not worrying too much about that. Our garage is full to the brim of empty banana boxes that we need to get rid of.

The best thing I have noticed about this house is the sence of relief with keeping an eye on the younger two kids. It's totally fenced in so they can go in or out and I don't need to worry. Huge burden gone. The other major thing I've noticed, the kids can be playing in their room with the door shut and I can be at the other end of the house and not hear them one bit. We've never had that before ... there was always some sort of noise.

Our extra furniture from Farmers hasn't arrived yet so that's annoying. Aparantly our sofa bed is on backorder!! Can you believe it? We ordered it over 3mths ago yet they still couldnt get their butts in order to get it sorted in time. They decided not to deliver anything because they couldn't get one item. So we gave them a hurry along and told them we wanted everything else to be delivered anyway. We're still waiting on that one.

One little thing that's really cool ... my internet connection is 50.6kbps here ... in Hamilton it was only 31kbps ... I hated the connection there!! Small things/small minds huh? lol

My eating has been absolutely terrible. And I didn't manage to get to weighin on Wednesday night ... just too busy! I'll go and face the music next Wednesday.

Well I'm off to read what everyone else has been up to.

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 78.9kg
GW 65kg

No comments: