Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Day out with my sis

SmileyCentral.com


Thankyou all so much for your compliments! It's so nice to be able to tell someone my weightloss achievements. Not many people in reality know about my weightloss efforts.

I went over to see my sister yesterday for the day. She's the one expecting twins and boy is she huge!! At only 6mths pregnant she is the same size I was when I was full term about to drop. And she's lost heaps of weight around her arms, butt and legs. She told me she just can't stop eating, even getting up at 3am to have a munch, yet obviously the babies are needing that much because none of it is going on her. Here's a pic of her tummy now at only 6mths!!! ...



We went out to a cafe for lunch and thought I was making a good choice with the vegetarian stack thingee but after getting it realised it had a huge amount of cheese in it. While it was absolutely yummy, I wouldn't have a clue in how to point it. I guestimated at 15pts and managed to pull in the day by having a low point dinner.

We stopped off at the warehouse and got me a new much needed bra. The last one wasn't doing it's job very well anymore. I tried on a couple of pairs of jeans, both size 20 (down from a 24 last time I did any clothes shopping) but I didn't buy them as the cut wasn't quite right.

I've organised time off from ambo Friday week so we can head down to Chris's get together. Lee-anne and I are going down together and from the time I met her I can see were gonna have a blast!!!! Can't wait!!

Lauren and Jordan are having their birthdays in the next couple of days. Lauren turns 12 on Thursday and Jordan 7 on Saturday. Remembering back 7 years ago I was in labour with Jordan at Lauren's 5th birthday. We were out at a restaurant with 30ish people and I kept having to run away to the ladies room or give a fake polite smile when people were talking to me that says "yes I'm listening, but no I'm not really, just hurry up and finish talking so I can concentrate on this contraction". I didn't want anyone to know because I didn't want the mother hen's there to make a big fuss. As everyone left to go home I took my sister aside and let her know this baby might be on it's way. He ended up taking a little longer to come and 36hrs later there he was.

Their grandparents are coming over on Saturday and then on Sunday we're taking them up to Rainbow's End in Auckland for the day. A fun family day out.

9 comments:

Chris H said...

*Rubbing hands together gleefully*... can't wait chick!!!!

Chris H said...

Arrive whenever ya want, I'm just so happy you are coming!

Rachel said...

Rainbow's End sounds fun, I've never been.

How exciting your sister is having twins......I just love babies.

That Vege stack is a bit deceiving eh?

See ya in 10 days......Wahoo!

The Candid Bandit said...

OMG have a blast at Chris' place and give Lee-Anne a massive cuddle for me (and get her to give yourself one too!)

Helena said...

congrats on the fantastic loss ... its happening to a few people around here ... I hope its contagious! :)

jen said...

wowwwwwwwwww what a fantastic loss, thats aswesome!!

Have a fantastic time with the girls at Chris's get together.

Catch up with you on my return, off on holidays for a couple of weeks.

Keep smiling,
Jen

Christine said...

Love tummy pictures - she's going to be big at full term. Eeeks.

Scary thing is - my mother and grandmother were BOTH twins. No twins in this generation - have I been cursed? :) I will have to make sure that I am really ready for a family when the time comes. :)

Take care of yourself.

Felicity said...

Excited to meet you at Chris' gathering..its gonna be a blast.

Sienna said...

How great to buy different sizes! Your lunch sounds divine, and good on you for getting a low points dinner.