Saturday, March 24, 2007

I'm going to be an aunty!

SmileyCentral.com


I found out a few weeks ago that my sister is pregnant, so I'm going to be an aunty for the first time!!

She has been trying to have children for over 10yrs with lots of ups and downs and hurdles to overcome to finally get pregnant and now she is! I'm very happy for her. It's so nice to see her experiencing for herself the joys and excitement that she watched me go through four times.

In the end she and her husband were on their final try of IVF with 4 unsuccesful attempts. If it didn't work this time then that was it, they were going to stop trying. They managed to extract alot of eggs this time but only 2 embryos developed. They used both embryos to get a higher chance of getting pregnant and guess what I found out last night??? ...

... she's now pregnant with twins! Both embryos attached!! I am just so excited for her!!!

At the moment she's both excited and in shock as to how she's going to cope with twins lol. I'm sure she'll be fine!!

I know this has nothing to do with my weightloss lol ... but just wanted to share my exciting news!! :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wooohooo! Hi hun! So nice to see you back in blogger land :) Will try to drop you an email over the weekend to catch up.
And yay for becoming an Aunty! I've been an aunty since I was 10yrs old! LOL
Have a great weekend.

Chris H said...

Hi Lynn, I just realised you are back in the blogging world! I am going to read everything you have written this time around , then keep up to date! I met you ages ago just before you and Bill moved into your new shop, about 2? years ago.... I'm so glad to see you back. I wasn't a blogger then, but am now. Good luck on the journey again.. I am positive you can do it and keep it off, it just takes lots of hard work and determination, but you already know that eh? !

Chris H said...

Ahhh, nice to be remembered! I think it was just before my surgery, so that would be January of 05, quite a while ago. a lurker eh.....don't be anymore, I'd love to hear from you!