Monday, July 16, 2007

I passed ... whew

SmileyCentral.com


Wow you guys are so wise. It's great that someone from the other side of the country/world can take an outsiders look at a situation and be able to give those pearls of wisdom. Thankyou!!

I'm finally back at the shop and things are back to 'normal' for the meantime. Saturday I went up to my course in Thames to learn how to drive an ambulance both normally and in a priority 1 (lights and sirens). The course was over 2 days. Day 1 was all theory with a written exam first thing on Sunday.

While the others in the course went home to study Saturday night I raced back to get ready for our local st johns annual prizegiving awards dinner. Walked in the door at 6.05pm and was picked up at 6.20pm!

We had a great time and unbeknown to me I had to get up 4 times over the night to get something presented to me. I got a certificate showing the hours I've done in Waihi and one for the hours at Waihi Beach, another certificate for my PHEC (pre hospital emergency care) course and then I found out I was 2nd runner up for 'achiever of the year' award. I was blown away by this given I've only been at the station 6mths. The girl that won it was my ambo partner and I was so proud of her. She has gone through so much this last year and come out on top everytime!!!

Got home round 11pm, to bed and up at 6am to drive up to Thames again for my exam and practical test. And I've very pleased to announce I passed with 98% ... yayya!!!

My next course PRD (professional role development) isn't for another month so I can relax for a little bit.

My eating hasn't been the best this week with far too many celebrations!! But that's ok, the wagons right infront of me to hop back on.

I'll try and do a bit of catching up on blogs this arvo. See what I've been missing out on :)

14 comments:

Leighanne said...

Congratulations!!!!

Sounds like you had a great night aswell:)

Rachel said...

Congratulations on passing with such HIGH results.

Also congrats on the 4 certificates at your awards dinner.

Glad to hear you are back at the shop and things will slow down for a month until your next course.

Chris H said...

YOU CLEVER TART, and you deserve all the accolades coming your way mate! Glad the wagon's right in front of you, it's banging into my legs as we speak! ha ha h a.

Anne said...

Be pourd Lynn!! You're are doing so well, all the hard work paid of!!

Anne said...

Be pourd Lynn!! You're are doing so well, all the hard work paid of!!

Anne said...

Oops - should read proud! Don't know how it ended here twice either!

Em said...

hi
Stumbled across your blog through Lee-Anne's hope you dont mind :) I would like to keep in touch if thats ok also as wow what an inspiration you are ...Well done on your exam results and your loss so far

Lee-Anne said...

Good on ya chicky babe. That's awesome news. I am really proud of you.

Name: Lynise said...

hey, there must be two wagons in the area, as I've got one parked at my front door too. My food over the holidays has been terrible and today is day one of getting all the carbs out of my system and eating better again. I'm too scared to hope on the scales as I had lost 3kg in July and am 100% sure that I've put all of those 3kg (and perhaps even an additional kg) back on :-(

pointing the weigh said...

WELL DONE!! I am sooo pleased for you hun and I knew you could and would do it just like you will with the next exam!!!!

Huge hugs and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Tania said...

Congratulations on your exam results and your certificates! You deserve to be proud.

Life's like that sometimes (regarding food choices) but of all the things I admire about your determination, one is your ability to get straight back on track!

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Well done Lyn! You have worked so hard and what a result- 98% pass and 4 awards!

Hope you get a chance to recharge a bit before your next exam in a months time.
Debbie

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well done Lyn..wooooohoooooo you are a legend...
I was grinning just reading your post...i cant begin to imagine how proud you must be of your achievments...
Congrats!!!

Moby Dick said...

Conggratulations on your success!