Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Waiting game




Weighed in at 109.2kgs this morning, recording a 400g loss for the week. Pretty happy with that given the stress this week and the fact that TTOM turned up this morning.

It's stormy outside and PMS is wanting me to just go back to bed and curl up, go to sleep. However life must go on and I have things to get done today.

I had my interview yesterday afternoon. I had my outfit sorted and freshly ironed my linen lime green top. Damn linen!! By the time I got to the place it was creased already!! And as I walked in (15mins early) the receptionist told me that the guy was running a bit late. Instead of being a 2.30pm interview he wasn't going to be there till 3pm. So I had to twiddle my thumbs for 45mins!! I went and sat in the car for 30mins, not realising it but creasing my shirt even more! The last 15mins I spent walking around the store. They had some really nice homeware there but very posh!! What was he going to think of me in a creased shirt!! Not a very good first impression I must say!!

The actual interview I felt went quite well. But I don't know the caliber of the people I was competing with. He's told me he will be contacting me by the end of the week either by phone (good news) or my mail (bad news). So now it's just a waiting game. I did all I could do (well except for the shirt) so whatever will be will be.

12 comments:

Chris H said...

WEll fingers crossed for a phone call then! If that's what you want that is..... Good loss again Lynn, you are doing so well.

Jules said...

I have a love hate relationship with Linen. Love the look of a nice white linen shirt and some beige linen pants, looks classy but casual, but then, one car ride and it looks homeless person-ish!!


What will be will be? You don't sound too excited though.

Great loss, slowly but surely catching me!!

Rachel said...

I don't buy linen specifically for that reason...never mind.

Sounds like the interview went well so hopefully you will get the phone call rather than the letter in the mail :)

Another great loss, you are doing so well Lyn.

**Mellisa** said...

Another great loss!..... over winter, you must be happy with that!
Good luck for the job .... as Jules said .... what will be will be.
Have a great week!

Christine said...

Congrats on the loss. Good for you. Was wondering how the whole job thing was going for you - you were in the back of my mind! :) And yes I agree - damn linen! Let us know how it goes - toes are crossed for you. Take care.

Moby Dick said...

You are not really competing against anyone. The only person you have control over is yourself, so if you did your best, then you are a winner no matter what.

Kate said...

First of all, congrats on the loss....AWESOME!

Second, good job on the interview. It would also drive me nuts having to wait for 45 minutes, I'm one of those people who is very scheduled, and I would have had myself all set for the interview at 230. Way to go. Fingers crossed for a phone call for you!

Anne said...

Steadily losing - well done Lyn!

Hope you get the phone call - but if it's not meant to be hope something just right will come up:-)

Lee-Anne said...

Great loss. Interviews can be a pain in the arse sometimes. I hope you aren't kept waiting for too long.

Good luck for a really super week.

Sienna said...

I think getting a job is soooo exciting!! I would put it up there with having a baby! The hardest thing is that you can never guess how you went, and the waiting is a killer! Goodluck!

Anonymous said...

What happened to tonights post. I read it on bloglines but then went to your blog to comment and it wasn't there.

Too bad on the tantrums hun. If you are not careful you are going to go back to the past year where everything in your life was for everyone else and you weren't looking after yourself.

Take care of yourself before you can take care of others aye... Sounds like hubby wants you to do and work where he agrees and not where you are wanting to be... do what makes you happy. We have only one life to live and such a small time on this earth... make it a happy one.

I am always here to listen hun

Love ya
Chubbymum

jen said...

woohooooo on the loss, well done!!

Fingers crossed with the interview...

Jen