Friday, June 11, 2004

I'm NOT going back there

I had one of those lightswitch moments yesterday when I updated my graph. I saw the line go straight up and fears of 10yrs ago came flooding back! Shock 3

When I lost weight the first time with Jenny Craig 10yrs ago I did amazingly losing 1kg -1.5kg every week for a whole year. Over that year I lost over 40kg and got down to 65kg. My goal at the time was 62kg and I found the last 3kg incredibly hard to lose. Stationary Bike At the 65kg mark I went overseas to America for 2mths and with travelling round living in hotels and eating out every meal as expected I gained back some of what I lost. Even tho I ate the healthiest choices and exercised in hotel pools and walked, walked, walked. From memory it was only 5 or 6kg but I felt like such a failure. Loser

When I arrived back in New Zealand I was welcomed with the news that I had been chosen to appear in a Jenny Craig ad Secret and had to fly out the following day to Austrailia to start filming. They wanted me to come in for a final weighin and photos. On finding out I had put on 6kg I was told I no longer could do the advert. No Even tho I had still lost over 30kg all I could think about was the 6kg I gained and of course was devastated. Blowing Nose

My feelings yesterday were the same. Like I was in a de ja vu reliving the thoughts of nearly hitting goal but not quite and bouncing back up again.

This time it's different tho... I'm on a lifelong eating plan. I will continue to have ups and downs but I have a plan now how to overcome those ups.

This lightswitch moment was just what I needed to concrete my motivation to finally get all this weight off and reach my goal .... and stay there!!

I did fantastically with my eating. Infact came in under points, drank 1500mls of water (1500mls more than I have been drinking) and onto my 6th day without alcohol.

After my fantastic day yesterday I jumped on the scales this morning expecting it to be back down to 73kg again ... but sadly no lol. I know it takes a while to show up but subconsously I felt slim and thought the scales might show that. But hey I'm in for the long haul here and happy to wait for the results :)

Better get this long post posted before I bore you all to sleep! lol

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 74.7kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: