Friday, June 04, 2004

Can't be bothered anymore

Kinda feeling numb today ... like I don't really care anymore ... whatever will be will be. Unfortunately this feeling has carried over to the housework, the washing, my eating, my alcohol levels.

Last night I succumed to one too many bourbans and ended up in bed ... probably the safest place for me at the time.

Have to take Jese for his immunisation jabs today. I feel like such an oaga. I'm really tearing my hair out with him at the moment. His latest annoyance is to draw on all the walls with pens!! Ohh other than his continual grizzling and crying. God I sound bad! lol

I read an article in a New Idea magazine the other day that horribly offended me ... but only because I knew it was true!! ... here's a snippet ...

"Which mum will you be? Over-wrought mum:

This is the woman who had that one extra child. She's never fully recovered and just can't seem to catch up on her own life. She wears whatever is within arm's reach. Typical outfits include: Sneakers, dress pants, a sweatshirt and suede jacket. She never has time for make-up and her hair hasn't been brushed for at least six months.

This sort of mother has been forced to buy a 'people mover'. There's a dent on the driver's side and the tail-lights broken because she drives with one hand in the back seat to prevent John and Sarah from killing each other. Her children are loud and unruly. Over-wrought mum tries to discipline them when she can, but between the washing, ironing, food, sport, school and hubby, something had to give"

I know this isn't exactly me but God I hope it never does become me!! It's a deep down fear of mine to be exactly like this. I think the fear came from an Aunty who had 7 kids and everything was always such a mess ... gave me nightmares for years!

So today ... I'm just warn out emotionally ... can't be bothered with nothing.

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.4kg
GW 65kg

No comments: