Thursday, June 17, 2004

Home run ...

Yay another 1.5kg gone!! Great Makes up for my horrible 1.3kg gain last week!

I finally feel like I'm back on track and doing this! Now 2.2kg away from goal. I just need to do what I did last week this next week. People often ask me how I stay motivated for so long and I think the answer is just that ... you only have to do it for one day ... then one more day ... then one more ...

Look at the moment in time that you are in now. You can't change anything else so block everything out of your mind and focus on the now and what you can do now to achieve your goals. And before you know it you'll be looking back realising you have come so far.

I think that's why this journal has been so important for me. It's helped me to focus on the now. I think weightloss is mostly mental... If you can get your brain sorted the body will follow.

Bill and I had a sad reality check yesterday. Lauren came out to us after she was supposed to have gone to bed, crying her eyes out. She asked if she could have a talk with us. After a few cuddles we got out of her that she was really upset about moving and losing her friends. When we moved to Hamilton all the kids were sweet about it. Not a tear was shed. But I think it was because they knew they were coming back so therefore in their minds it was just a long holiday. But this time we probably won't be moving back. It really brought it home to us how this will effect the kids.

We had originally planned on leaving the kids with someone while we went on our overseas holiday but both Bill and I are thinking we will take them with us now. It will give them something special to look forward to. I know some resorts have a kids program thing that involves the kids all day giving us a little break for a bit, yet still giving them something to do.

Had a friend of Bill's come talk to us last night about a thing called Omegatrend. Sounds interesting but I guess I'm such a skeptic at heart. It just sounds too good to be true, which usually means it is too good to be true. If anyone has had any experiences (good or bad) with them let me know.

Well I'm feeling pretty happy with myself today. I used to feel guilty about being proud of my achievements ... but this weightloss experience has taught me to cherish the up moments because they help you get through the downs.

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.2kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: