Monday, February 14, 2005

That's not what I ordered

No


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

My hubby has bought me the most romantic pressie out!!! ... NOT!!! I was thinking jewellery ... romantic picnic dinner on the beach ... nice new outfit ... nup ... a cleaner!! lol Don't get me wrong it will be a big help having someone come in and clean one day a week but hey ... for valentines day?????? lol

We went out for a lovely dinner with mum and dad and the rest of the family last night, to celebrate them selling the farm. Was a really nice night! My younger brother is shifting down to Christchurch (from Auckland) so was a good chance to catch up with him a last time for probably quite a while.

We went to Cafe Alma in Hamilton where Bill and I had gone a few months back. Last time I really enjoyed their food but was a little dissapointed with my meal last night. I had scoured the menu for the best choice and was happy with my choice of Grilled Snapper on a bed of bean sprouts, noodles and seasonal veges.

But when it arrived, sure it was grilled but it was DROWNED IN BUTTER!! Both the fish, sprouts and veges were dripping so much that there was a puddle a foot deep of butter left on my plate when I'd finished!! It makes me soooo wild when I think I've made a good choice, you know ... sacrificed all the really yummy things you would LOVE to have but know would be too high in points and compromise on something that sounds ok and low point ... only to find out its NOT LOW POINT!!! Grrrrrr!!!

Guess I have to be happy that we had a great night catching up with everyone. One thing I am proud of ... I drank water all night, no alcohol and NO DESSERT!! I actually got talked into having dessert so I chose fruit salad with passionfruit sorbet, but I was really too full. I didn't want to be the only one not ordering. Then the waiter came out to say that the two people who had ordered the apple crumble had to rechoose because they had run out. So we decided to all not have any dessert ... yay good choice!!

We went back to mum and dad's for a coffee instead and I tried a blackberry and apple tea that mum had. I'm not normally a tea drinker but this was really nice!! Might have to add that to my pantry.

I had dreams all night that this morning the scales would take me back up to 75kg with the heavy meal I'd just had. But was relieved this morning to see the scales being nice to me!! Not going to reveal exactly what they said because I don't want to jinx weighin tonight ... lol ... but should hopefully be good news ;)

Lynda .. LOL your comment about not losing any more weight .... hmmm ... I hear you but not sure I can do that just yet! lol ... I still have a few little areas to tweak. The week before I dropped down from maintenance points of 24, down to 20pts because of the magazine story/photos being done, but this week I have gone back up to 23pts. Basically how they work maintenance is that for 6wks you adjust your points up and down by 1pt depending on whether you lose/gain or stay the same. Well the week I'd done 24pts I stayed the same, that was a little close to the line for me. This week I've dropped them down to 23pts instead. So I'll see how tonights weighin goes as to whether I stick to 23pts.

I have decided tho that with my tweaking I'm going to do some muscle work rather than weightloss. I'll keep on maintenance points now and get out the video workouts. The photographer from the magazine really recommended the Windsor Pilates DVD saying her model friends had amazing fast results with it. For now I only have the ww exercise DVD so I'll start on that anyway.

Tonight I'm hoping to get to my next goal ... to be a 60's girl!! I only have 300g to go ... here's hoping!!!

I'll be back tonight with weighin results.

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 70.2kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65-68kg

No comments: