Wednesday, February 02, 2005

for life??

Faint


Thought is was bout time I did another update. Life is on standstill at the moment ... I'M SICK! I have a horrible throat infection that has had me up all night for the last two nights and not able to do anything but lie on the couch all day. I feel so lazy when I'm like this but my body just can't cope with doing anything else.

I feel a little more energised today so hopefully that's a sign I'm coming out of it.

I had an email from a dear friend of mine that really made me look closely at the reality of keeping this weight off. We can become so flippent with the phrase of "yeah this is for life" ... but the reality of this is such a scarey thing!!

It means that I have to count points FOR LIFE!!! I have to weigh myself FOR LIFE!!! I have to go to ww meetings FOR LIFE!!! I have to update my journal FOR LIFE!!! The alternative is not an alternative.

It's alot easier to stay motivated when you see the numbers dropping ... but seeing the numbers stay the same week in week out ... there's no motivation in that. I know I have to stay positive and motivated but wow this part of the journey is going to be soooo hard!!

I read something in my maintenance book 2 this week that struck a chord ... I have to find another goal to go for now ... another sport, or exercise activity ... hmmm ... not sure what. I would love to get back into bodybuilding again like I did 10yrs ago. But there's no gym facilities here and time is limited. I could take up running. After seeing Kimba achieve so much in her running challenges it's got me thinking. I've never been a runner, my lungs could never get enough air into them to keep me going. But I've heard that's just a time thing, that as you get fitter, it gets easier. The downside to running is the joint injuries, not into that.

Tramping ... that sounds exciting. Although again the tracks round here are limiting. We've done all the tracks possible in the near vacinity.

Tennis?? ... I was always unco when it came to anything involving balls. Maybe it was my weight ... maybe it was the lack of confidence I had. Now would be a good time to take up a sport like that ... but it's just so scarey!!!

Hmmm ... I might have to think a bit longer on this one ... I know I've gotta do something, have to set myself another goal to aim for ... It's just sorting out which one.

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 70.6kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65 - 68kg

No comments: