Saturday, February 12, 2005

I love that tapemeasure

Blow Kiss


The photo shoot was the coolest!! (for those who don't know yet I'm having a magazine article written about my weightloss (sorry can't disclose which magazine it is yet).

I was REALLY NERVOUS!! I don't normally get nervous for much but I sure was for this. I spent the day before getting my hair coloured (funky red with blonde streaks) then yesterday morning getting my nails and makeup.

They arrived (deputy editor and photographer) around 2.30pm and I was SOOOO RELIEVED to see they were everyday, down-to-earth people just like me!!! We got on really well and everything flowed perfectly!! I really can't say too much more than that, other than it went really well and you'll all have to wait and see when it comes out for any details ... heheh .... meanie huh?

Angie and Kimba ... no sorry it's a NZ mag but they're giving me an online version that I can put up on my website when it's published so you can all read it and see the pics. Not sure when that will be yet but I'll keep you posted!

Bizarrely enough I've had 2 different people comment in the last week how they have noticed I have suddenly lost a lot more weight in the last couple of weeks. Yet my actual weightchart hasn't done any big leaps downwards in that time. Yes I have losses constantly lately but not big ones. And then this morning I put on some jeans that I hadn't warn in the last month. They're size 12 jeans that when I bought them 2mths ago were snug ... fitted but with no room for weightgain lol. Well today they are hanging off me. Shoulda seen the shock on my face!

I tried on the Japanese dress that I bought in Sydney in October ... you know the one that the stupid sales lady told me to buy a size 16 in and I almost didn't buy because of the matchstick sizing. Well that's hanging off me too.

So I got suspicious with these details and decided to investigate further by getting the tapemeasure out. I usually do my measurements every 6-8wks and it's only been 5wks since I last did them but hey I wanted to know if indeed I had lost more cms like the evidence suggested. According to the scales I've only lost 2kgs in the last 5wks ...which I'm not complaining about but wouldn't think it would be enough to match the results the wonderful tapemeasure told me!!!

My actual measurements and graphs are here if you want to check them out, but before you do ... here some things I noticed!!

1. For the very first time in this whole journey MY ABDOMEN IS SMALLER THAN MY CHEST!! That means that I am finally a spunky woman ... you know like a "chest exclamation mark", not a "yeah she's got a chest but also a big BUTT!!!" This whole journey my abdomen and hips have been fighting for first place with my chest being well behind in definate third place ... but now my chest is coming up from behind (LOL that didn't sound right!) ... is passing the abdomen and into second place behind my hips. Very happy with my proportions now :)

2. I've lost 12.5cms in the last 5wks!! This blows my mind!!! Normal is around 5 - 8.5cm in 6 WEEKS! It's so weird ... because wieghtwise I haven't suddenly jumped down ... just plodding as always. But ya know what? I reckon it's the cutting out carbs for dinner thing I started a month ago or so. I'm not normally a huge supporter of "low-carb/no carb" diets but for me this has really made a difference. I still eat carbs for breakfast and lunch, just not in my dinner meal (meaning I cut out all pasta/rice and potatoes) Ok to get the hugeness of this sacrifice ... my favourite food in the whole world is pasta!! If I go to a restaurant, I always get pasta ... ask my mum ... I'M A PASTA FREAK!!! lol ... But I decided about a month ago I really wanted to get to goal and kick this final fat in the butt and if I had to sacrifice pasta I was in a headspace willing to do it! Now I know I told you last time that anything I couldn't do for life I wouldn't do for weightloss ... I still agree ... I've cut out pasta as a regular/normal food and put it in the "special once in a while treat" catagory.

3. I have lost a grand total of 150.5cms of my whole body since I started!! That's like over a metre and a half!!! That blew my mind! 36cms of it has come off my abdomen!! I've gone from having an abdomen measuring 127cms to 91cms now. And I lost 5cms of that in the last 5wks! That's my worst part of my body (well WAS my worst part lol) I had the classic apron tummy ... you know the overhang between the belly button and thighs ... like a huge tire that ran around. Even at 9mths pregnant with all 4 kids I still had the spare tire thing. I absolutely hated it!! As a teenager I used to dare myself to cut it off!! lol Of course I was too scared to do that! But for once my spare tire has nearly gone... it's not totally flat (yet) but very nearly there. I now have a nice hourglass figure without any deformity of a spare tire that shouldn't be there.

4. I have lost 5cms of fat off my NECK!! Can you believe that? 5cms worth of fat that used to be layered around my neck!! It's gone from being 36.5cms to 31.5cms.

There's a few of the cool moments I had this morning. I tell ya that tapemeasure is a really neat tool, shows the real picture that the scales don't always show. I dare ya ... go on get the tapemeasure out, you might find something that makes your day!

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 70.2kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65-68kg

No comments: