Thursday, February 10, 2005

Nothing to say

Chips


Ok my life has entered boring mode! But I'm not really complaining, I had too much drama last year!! lol

I'm feeling well again. Really don't know what was up with that. My only thought was that I had a drink from a sipper bottle on Monday, that I'd had while I was sick last week, so maybe I got recontaminated ... hmmm ... but then I thought once you had a bug your body built immunity against it ... lol ... who knows?? but hey I'm better now so who cares??

Ok I've decided since I've "been there/done that" with this weightloss thing that I need to start being more inspirational ... like come up with all this wonderful inspirational advice on how to do it!! Trouble is I can't think of anything!! lol

But seriously I have always said this and it's the best thing I can possibly say ... WEIGHT WATCHERS WORKS ... IF you follow it!!! So many people say they did all the diets and nothing worked!! You know the wonderful miracle diets that advertise "NOTHING ELSE WORKED EXCEPT FOR THIS!!" That's a load of crock in my mind. As soon as I read anything like that I immediately think it's a sham, a money maker!!

There is no miracle cure for obesity!! Any "diet" you do for long enough, as long as you properly do it, will make you lose weight. Problem being can you do it forever?? If not, you may lose but you won't keep it off.

I also hear of so many people that go hard out on Weight Watchers ... telling themselves they can't have anything, can't have chocolate, can't have alcohol, have to run 10miles a day. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with doing this ... but is it real? Can it be done for life? If not then IT'S A WASTE OF TIME!! That weight will go back on as quick as it came off!! We have to be real about weightloss. We have to be real with ourselves. I'd love to be a superhuman that could say no to anything above 10pts, and have the motivation to go for a 10km run everyday ... but shock horror I'm not superhuman (yeah I know you all thought I was!! lol)

We have to be able to live with ourselves for having our chocolate and our alcohol and our slack days. I'm also not saying that it's ok to eat whatever we want and never exercise... far from it! What I am saying is that everything has to be planned and budgeted for.

Every Monday night (incase you didn't realise it before now) I have a blow out!! But it's a planned blow out. I save my points for the week, I eat lightly on weighin day ... then come Monday night after weightwatchers I have my special treats. During the day I dream about what I'm going to have. I usually have a list a mile long in my head ... Magnums, triple scoop icecreams, KFC, Burger King, Bourben, chips, dip!! The works!!! But when it comes to deciding what I actually want I usually choose something realitivily low point. It's more the thought that I CAN HAVE IT IF I WANT IT ... that is the nice part. My weightwatchers brainwashed brain (just kidding) can't think any differently. I still have something nice but it's pulled back into reality .. like a 70cent kiddy cone icecream, not a triple scoop, and seafood chowmein, not KFC, and a ww icecream, not a magnum, rice crackers, not chips, salsa, not dip.

The point is we have to reward ourselves, give ourselves the important treats! Otherwise we rebell against ourselves, we rebell against what we are doing ... but my most important point in this entry ... IT MUST BE PLANNED!!! Continual unplanned eating will lead to weightgain!!

Wow that was pretty inspirational huh? lol ... considering I didn't think I had anything to say today! lol

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 70.2kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65-68kg

No comments: