Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Thankyous

Heart Glasses


Sharing this journey with you guys has made this so much more exciting for me! It's wonderful to have a place I can come to share my excitement with a fantastic bunch of ladies!! (and a couple of silent men readers maybe... heheh!!)

In the 'real world' (although sometimes this place is more real than reality is lol) I don't gloat about my weightloss. Infact don't mention it at all (other than with Bill) unless I get asked specifically about it. So it makes it all the more special to get encouragement and loving comments from you guys.

Paulene ... your words "I feel so excited it's almost like it's happened to me. Thanks for the boost I needed today!" really hit home to me and gave a true essence of what our journal entries mean to eachother. It's so true ... when I log on to each of your journals it's like I am travelling your road hoping you achieve your goals. And when you do it's just so exciting!!

Lynda ... You have been like my online mum! Always keeping me in check and giving such wise advice, in such a loving way! I have set up processes this time that will keep me in check. The main thing being I will keep going to weightwatchers, even after reaching goal. Bill and I talked about this the other day. I will keep going weekly until I get to my personal goal of 65kg or once I have decided I have gone low enough (possibly around 68kg or so)... then change my meetings to monthly. But I think that's the key to maintaining this weightloss ... keep a check on things, go to the meeting once a month to keep that focus. So yes I WILL keep the weight off this time ... that's a definate!!!

And for those of you who are curious ... once I get to goal, yes I will keep this website going. Getting to goal is only half the journey, keeping it off is the hardest bit. And for me that will be a lifetime journey.

Janine ... Yes I did consider getting my belly button peirced while in Auckland but I did say to myself I would wait till goal for that. So I'm going to be true to myself and wait lol.

Leigh ... awww my sweetie!! You are so right ... I am happy ... I'm content in myself. First time in many, many years. I used to continually compare myself to others. I never felt good enough for anyone. But in the last 6mths I am happy in my own skin. I don't feel like hiding anymore! And I don't to the comparing thing. I think the dairy has helped with that also. With making conversation all day everyday with customers I've become more confident around people, especially one on one.

Jackie ... Thankyou for your kind words and believe me I'll have every limb, toe and finger crossed at next weighin!! lol

Karen ... I think I've mentioned this before but I used to HATE shopping (with a vengence!!) It was a depressing experience everytime. I think it was all the mirrors and not being able to find anything I liked in my size. You know how I mentioned that I always thought the shop mirrors made me look bigger than I actually was? Well on my birthday I'm sure the mirrors made me look smaller. lol I was still suspicious lol ...I thought to myself "I bet the shops have installed mirrors that make you look skinny so everyone buys their clothes!" Eternal skeptic! lol

Argy ... That's ok ... I didn't give much notice about it. And yes I do receive belated wishes ... hang on, the door bell just rang ... oh wow it was your belated wishes just arriving now ... thankyou so much!!! :)

Beckie ... Thanks for the hugs... and suprise, surprise your birthday wishes were bundled up with Argy's at the door ... wow what a cool day is this?!! Size 10 still doesn't feel real yet and probably won't for a little bit. Takes a while for our brains image to catch up to our actual. But I'm getting there :)

And I know there are many, many more of you silent readers out there (yes I know you're there! lol) because I had over 500 hits in one day on my website yesterday from 200 unique readers :) And you thought you could hide didn't you!! lol ... But what I actually wanted to say was that even tho I don't get comments from 200 people I know you are all with me in heart and that means so much to me. The fact that on average each person logged on over 2 times in the day to wait for the news means so much!!! Oh my gosh I'm getting myself all emotional now!! lol YOU GUYS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!!!!! Ok I gotta log off now before I start to cry!!

When I finally get to goal (sometime this year lol) I'm going to set up a special guestbook for everyone here to sign as a special momento I can keep. And I would love it if all you silent readers would sign it to. That would just be the coolest!! I'll have a link on here on the day I reach goal ... don't worry, you won't miss it :)

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 71.5kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: