Monday, November 01, 2004

To cut or not to cut?

From Frankenstein to Gorgeous


I was so excited to see a New Zealand version of Extreme Makeover advertised to be on 20/20 (documentary program) last night. I waited with anticipation all day. I absolutely love those makeover shows.

I have considered have cosmetic surgery done on my thunder thighs and flabby tummy. But I always said I would wait till I had been at goal for at least 6mths before I did anything as drastic as that. I didn't want surgery to be a quick fix, a magical way to suddenly be at goal, but a polishing of the gem (if you know what I mean)

Anyway I was utterly discusted with the documentary. The lady had $30,000 worth of surgery done (for free) and I honestly couldn't really tell the difference. I thought Oh my gosh if she had that much done then imagine how pathetic my $8000 worth would do?? If I did ever get it done I would get liposuction on my thighs and a tummy tuck (to remove my excess flabby skin and stretchmarks).

But I am seriously changing my mind after the show last night. I know it's not supposed to be a miracle "suddenly I'm slim" cure... but hello you'd think you could see the difference between the before and after shots ... I couldn't!!

Anyway ... onto today ... I did well with my eating yesterday finishing on 17.5pts. Considered having a second dessert around 10pm but thought better of it, remembering that I was actually full after the first dessert a few hours before. So just saved my 2.5pts instead.

I drank 1.5ltrs of water .... wahoooo!!! Just hope this extra water doesn't show up on the scales tonight. I have found that in some past weeks that if I drink lots of water the night before weighin I have a misterious gain. Oh well it's the big picture I have to think of not one weighin result.

I'm really hoping for a loss tonight. I feel slimmer but I just really don't know without having the home scales working. Made me realise how much I rely on them as a guide (I usually only weigh myself every 2 or 3 days).

No matter what the result is I have to be happy with myself for my good eating/lack of alcohol this week. I'm just hanging out to get below my lowest mark ever again (72.8kg).

I'll update you tonight with weighin results ... as always ... wish me luck!!

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.8kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: