Saturday, January 31, 2004

such a simple solution

What a horrible morning I have had!! Firstly, some background info ... I have a space invaders type game on my computer that I allow my kids to play every now and then. But when they play it sometimes it stuffs up my computer and everything goes big and sideways!!! lol ... really funny and hard to explain and everyone I have asked about it has never heard of it before. I always thought it was something to do with not being compatible with windows XP.

Anyhow up until now everytime it happened I have done a 'system restore'and taken the computer back 24hrs which fixes it.... but ... last night I got sent a virus via email and to get rid of it I had to turn off system restore and forgot to turn it back on again after I had finished ... which meant (you still with me here?) ... when the kids played the game this morning and it went sideways again I didn't have a system restore point to turn the computer back to .... grrrr ... I spent the whole morning trying to fix it ... uninstalling and reinstalling programmes ...

Eventually I went onto Google and did a search for "sideways screen'' and came across a forum with a message posted by someone who had exactly the same thing happen ... such a simple problem to fix once I knew what had happened! The kids must have pressed Ctrl + Alt + the side arrow all at the same time which apparently is a 'hotkeys'command for 'turn the screen sideways!! lol ... so when I pressed Ctrl + Alt and the up arrow it reverted it back to normal ... what a relief!!!

So in a much happier place now lol

On with my eating .... no bad habits creeping back in today. I always feel so slim when TOM has finished. Should have some sort of loss at Mondays weighin ... not sure how much. Gotta make up for the gain at last weighin.

Spent yesterday going to the Mount with mum and dad and the kids. Rained the whole way there, stopped raining for 10mins while we ate our picnic lunch by the water, then rained the whole way back again ... oh well it was a good day out even with the rain. And I was pleased mum decided to pack sandwiches and fruit instead of buying BK or MacDees.

Aparently the front garden has been done on our house. Bill says it looks good but as for details ... umm ... he said they have leaves on the plants and the garden's a sort of half kidney shape or old fireman's hat shape ... whatever that is lol. Typical male!! lol Guess I'll have to wait till later next week when we go up again.

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 79.6kg
GW 65kg

No comments: