Sunday, January 11, 2004

Huge success

Started off my birthday day with breakfast in bed thanks to Lauren (my 8yr daughter). Tomato on toast (without butter) isn't she good?

Then got ready for the drive out to Raglan for my flight...

The gliding was a huge success ... I loved every minute of it!! I actually got to fly the glider for 10mins of the 30min flight ... doing circles, going up and down. It was so much fun. We managed to find an updraft while up there and climbed a further 800ft. Could be very addictive lol... but would be too expensive to be a permanent hobby ... here's dreaming lol.

We all went for a swim after my flight. The kids just loved splashing around with their dad. Then came home for a surprise dinner put on by mum and my sister. Everyone in the family was there (except my brother who lives in Sydney) Trish (my sister), her husband, Richard (my younger brother), mum, dad, and of course Bill and the kids. Mum got me a huge birthday sponge cake (with all the trimmings) from the cheesecake shop ... yum!! But hopefully wasn't too high in points being it was mostly sponge.

I did really well points wise (had a few saved up) but went over a little on the second piece of birthday cake ...ahhh well lol.

Mum got me a funky gardening book... really nice and Trish got me an outdoor sail ... how cool is that? To go over our BBQ area in our new house. And of course Bill and the kids bought me the glider flight.

Had lots of fun and don't feel any older today ... hehe

Thanks so much for all your comments ... such a nice surprise when I logged on tonight .... yay!!

Weigh in tommorow and really don't know what to expect... wait and see I guess.

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 80.2kg
GW 65kg

No comments: