Wednesday, January 28, 2004

WE'VE MADE IT!!!!

Wow ... we have OFFICIALLY saved our house deposit!!!! Yahoooooo!! All $34,000 of it!!! ($17,000 was paid to the builders at the start and $17,000 we have been saving over the last 5.5mths). I can't believe we actually made it and ahead of time too (by 2 weeks). It means we have to live on baked beans and spagetti this week lol but hey who cares ... we have a new house!!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited?? Toooo right I am!!! Bill set the alarm for midnight lastnight, so we could get up and transfer the funds to our savings account as soon as his pay went in, then we would celebrate with a bottle of wine (which we had set up on the bench ready to go). The alarm went off ... and as expected got turned off again and we went back to sleep! lol ... all with good intentions.

But this morning first thing we got up and transfered it over. Took us 23 weeks all together and what a hard 23 weeks it was too but all makes the house even sweeter :). Not out of the woods quite yet with some big bills to pay over the next couple of weeks but at least the important one is done!

Had a freak session yesterday when I got a virus sent through via email. I managed to stop it and delete it with my Nortons but it scared me. They've had on the news the last few days about a virus that gets into your bank account and strips all funds via internet banking. I rang the bank and asked for extra security to be put on our savings account with a 'NO WITHDRAWALS' policy, but they assured me it would be safe and no extra precautions would be needed. Besides he said if it did get stolen then the bank would cover us and return the funds. Still a scarey thought.

Virus creators really P*** me off. Just for entertainment they like to annoy as many people as possible. Let's get off that subject before I get myself worked up lol.

On the eating note ... I was really good all day yesterday but when it came to dinner I only had a roast mutton to cook so roast mutton it was. I cooked it with no oil but it still turned out pretty fatty. Still probably kept within points for the day but hard to tell with fatty meat like that.

CONGRATS LEIGH!!! on a fantastic weighin!!!! 1.6kg loss!!!! absolutely stunning effort!

On that positive note I'll sign off for the day :)
See ya!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 79.6kg
GW 65kg

No comments: