Monday, August 11, 2003

Where has the time gone??

Had a wonderful weekend with Bill home all weekend!! Made a nice change :) Went grocery shopping yesterday morning to finally stock up my empty pantry. Made the mistake of shopping on an empty stomach and probably bought a little too much! lol

Treated ourselves to smoked chicken and apricot pizzas for lunch ...YUMM!! Although probably pretty high in points. But the problem was it was too rich for my tummy so paid for it for the rest of the afternoon/evening. Once upon a time I used to be able to eat anything, now things that are too fatty or rich my stomach just can't handle.

We are shifting in just under 2wks!!! Packing has not really happened yet. I've done all the ornaments and things we don't use, the kitchen bowls/appliances I don't use often and all the crockery bar 5 or 6 of each. I'm still trying to get all my work out of the way so I can get into packing a little more furotiously, but the work still piles in, there just doesn't seem to be an end in sight yet.

Next weekend is taken up with Mum's 60th birthday surprise party in Hamilton, then we shift the next weekend after that. Where has all the time gone? Time's fast running out!!

Went out to Waiuku to Bill's aunty's yesterday afternoon. She's the lady that's offered board for Bill during the week. It's 30mins travel from her place to Bill's work, so not too bad. She seems really nice and I think it will workout well.

I didn't track yesterday, just got too busy and then after I had eaten the pizza (only 2 pieces) didn't want to know what the points were lol.

Can't remember if I told you before this or not, but the carpet we have chosen, we got a sample of it the other day and it's not the same colour we remembered choosing. It's really grey, not dark blue like we thought. I'm feeling a little uneasy about it. I have nothing against grey, but our walls are fawn and burgandy brown with creme trim. Blue would have matched much better. I think we can still change it but I don't remember anything that was closer in colour. The only other blue they had was a real bright blue and we don't want that. We wanted a real dark midnight blue. I'm going to go down to the builder's office and take a look again. I was saying to Bill yesterday that if a client of mine was as picky as me I would be pulling my hair out by now. I must be a terrible client for them lol. I guess with working with colours/design all day makes me picky. I want to get it exactly right. My perfectionism coming out I guess. Frustrating for them I know, but I need to be sure.

Not much else happening (not that I need anything else to happen lol)

Lyn :)

No comments: