Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Bad dreams

Woke up with a horrible dream early this morning. Dreamt I had been robbed by the mongrel mob... they had taken everything we owned. The weird thing was there were males and females and even kids, there were all in on it together. They took me hostage and made me go in with them to an armed robbery. It was a horrible feeling of knowing I might be part of a murder and couldn't do anything about it. There was a real sence of terror in the dream.

I believe that dreams mean things. Not that I am saying they will come true but that they speak of how the subconcious mind is thinking. This is probably true for me. Although I am excited about this move there is a sence of being swept away with the current, being out of control, being forced to do things I don't feel comfortable with ... like giving up smoking for a start (this is a good thing but something I am scared about). Then there's the nervousness about living next door to mum and dad, knowing I'm going to miss Bill (he was nowhere in the dream) and finally the stress of needing to save $17,000 in 5mths. I am ultimately excited about what we are doing but nervous and scared all the same (does this make sense?)

Eating for yesterday ...

BREAKFAST - cereal bar 1.5pts
LUNCH - soup 1pt, bread 4pts
SNACK - 50g Rix chips 3pts
DINNER - potato 0.5pt, chicken 2pts, pasta 2.5pts, cheese 2pts, milk 0.5pts, sachet 0.5pt, veges 0pts
SNACK - sushi 2.5pts, surimi seafood 2pts
DRINKS - wine 1pt
LATE SNACK - nesquik with trim milk 1pt

Total ... 22pts/22pts
Saved ... none
Total saved ... -2pts
Water ... 2 glasses

My eating for yesterday was really good up until after dinner. Although I didn't go over points but ate quite late at night. Bill brought home sushi and surimi so meant I didn't save my required 2pts to be OP for the week. Think I should still be okay for a loss tonight ... I hope :)

Went for a cheeky peek on the scales this morning (becoming a Wednesday morning habit) ... but bugger ... I had packed the scales lol. Will teach me for being so organised :) So will just have to wait for tonight to find out how I have done this week.

Started to organise the changeover of power, phone, insurance etc yesterday. It took me from 2.30pm to 5pm!! to organise just the power and phone!!! I was on the phone for 2 and a half hours!!! The power has been a real headache. We are moving to a rural address and they normally work out what house you are by the ICP number but because we are not there yet we don't have the ICP number. And mum didn't know what it was. Our address is just the Road name, RD# and City ... there's no street numbers, so no way of telling exactly what house to connect the power to. Crazy setup!! I ended up sorting it out but after alot of phone calls to different people going back and forth. I don't know how others do it that don't have family living next door. Anyway it's all done and organised now. That's 3 things crossed off the list ... just 12 to go!!! lol

Have got mostly everything packed now. Just 1 more box in the kitchen which I will do on Saturday and all the clothes and furniture.

Was supposed to be going on a class trip with Malachi (5) today. But after ringing the school this morning they told me they have a full bus and no room for Jordan (3) and Jese (1). He is going to be so disappointed I don't turn up. It's pouring with rain and I have my computer turning up today (well so they say, believe it when I see it) but I still feel bad for him.

There is a guy at Bill's work who is working to save money to bring his family over from Pakastan. He's been here a year already to save enough and his family has just arrived in NZ. We helped him out a little with giving him some things we didn't need anymore, like kids toys, clothing and a spare dining table and mattress we had (not much) and Bill came home with a whole bag of gifts from them last night. Included was an amazing dressing gown, hand made by his wife!! It has embroidery down the front panels, around the sleeves, on the pockets, down the back and on the ties. It's just beautiful!! And made out of a wool based fabric, so warm and cosy!! I was blown away! And also there's a sheet set with pillow cases (also embroidered!!), a woollen jersey for Bill and a pair of gold earings. That's just too much ... wow!! We didn't do anything amazing to deserve such generousity ... just gave some things we didn't need to a good cause. Warm fuzzies all round :)

Last ww meeting tonight, it's going to be a bit sad. I've come to know alot of people there really well and I'll miss them all greatly... but I'll be back ... and hopefully when I come back I'll be at my ww goal :) (71kg)

That's about it here... I'll update tonight (or first thing tomorrow with weighin results)

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 84.1kg
GW 65kg

No comments: