Saturday, August 16, 2003

Mongrel Mob scare

Went for an hours walk this morning and ate well yesterday. Still feeling inspired and motivated.

Eating for yesterday ...

BREAKFAST - cereal 1.5pts, banana 1pt, milk 0.5pt
SNACK - cereal bar 1.5pts
LUNCH - soup 1pt, bread 3pts
SNACK - 50g snakatas 3pts, Apple 0.5pts
DINNER - smoked chicken 2.5pts, pasta 2.5pts, milk 0.5pt, creamed corn 1pt, veges 0pts
SNACK - lite icecream 2pts, banana 1pt

Total ... 21.5pts/22pts
Saved ... 0.5pts
Total saved ... 3pts
Water ... 1 glass
Exercise ... none

On my way out for my walk this morning a car stopped with a big tattooed maori in it. He asked me who bought our house. And told him a lady from the city but that I didn't know her name. He said "you know the 'dogs' are moving in down here ay?" "The who?" I asked "The Mongrel Mob. They've just bought a house down here and one around the corner too". The lady that bought our house also bought one around the corner ... saying they were rentals. When she turned up I was surpised at the 'bommy' car she had considering she was so well off to buy investment properties, and when she looked through the property she didn't seem to really care about it, only taking a few minutes to have a quick look around. We were originally really surprised when she made an offer because of her lack of interest in it. But we shrugged it off. Now looking back on it things are starting to fit in place. The mongrel mob wouldn't come and look at a place to buy themselves they would send someone else in, because sellers wouldn't sell to someone if they knew they were tied in with a gang. Who better than a single white female? And a week after the offer was accepted a car load of maoris came and were looking very closely at the property. Originally I just thought they were potential tenants, but looking back on it now they were probably the buyers. Bill thinks I am crazy and that the guy was just probably trying to scare me. But as I said to him ... why would anyone do that? It doesn't scare me ... it makes me glad that we are moving out (even if they haven't bought our house but another in the street) But I'll be sad if our house has been sold to a gang... this was our first home and one we saved very hard for to get. I also feel sad for our neighbours over the back. This is a half site of theirs and they are a sweet elderly couple who are very nervous as to who their new neighbours are going to be. Parts of me wants to tell them so they have a chance to put their house on the market and sell to get out before the gang moves into the area and pulls the value of the houses down. But Bill reckons it will just give them a horrible scare and after all it may not be true. I don't really know what to do here... any suggestions??

The other thought I had was maybe they haven't infact bought but are renting here and have moved into this house as a tenant. Bill said that from what he has noticed of Mongrel Mob houses they don't usually buy but rent so they can trash it and move out again. Which makes sence too ... although still doesn't change the problem.

The other scary thing is that maybe they are moving into the area to 'spy' the suberb out for burglaries. Our new house is only 15mins walk down the road. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid for nothing. Not that there's alot we can do about it anyway... what do you think? Why would someone say that unless it was true?

Interesting ...

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 84.1kg
GW 65kg

No comments: