Thursday, August 16, 2007

Judge for yourself ...

SmileyCentral.com


Thankyou all so much for your comments, loved each and every one!!

I was going to leave this till Friday or Monday when my detox is completed but I'm getting asked alot now whether I notice any changes so I figure I'll bring the evaluation forward to today. I'm also on ambo tomorrow and away on my next ambo course Saturday/Sunday.

As everyone is different and has different issues to face I thought I'd give a background of me first and why I chose to do this.

Initially the thing that grabbed my attention about a colon detox was when Jo did it and lost 6kgs in her first week. I was stunned that someone could lose that much. So of course not thinking about the benefits to my body I just thought "I want to lose that much too". So I started doing a bit of research on the net and asking around.

I remembered back to when a customer was telling me about this detox thing a year ago and he was raving about it. Now this took my attention as not many men care that much about their bodies to do something like that and then to actually notice the changes in his body. To me, I think that females are far more intune with their bodies than men. So it must be pretty good for him to notice the benefits.

The lady in the healthshop across the road reaffirmed his comments. But I was a little shocked at the price. I think she noticed the look on my face. She told me I'd never look back, that it was really that good. I took this with a grain of salt given that it would probably double her sales for the day.

I took a brochure away, did some more internet exploring and basically mulled it over in my head for the next six weeks.

For the past 6mths while on ww points I have stuck to my points but had worked out ways of 'cheating'. I knew all the points for every packet of chips there were. My fruit and vege intake had majorly gone downhill and I was having to survive on sugarfree redbull, V's or coffees to get me through the day. I put my lethargy down to my lack of exercise and would beat myself up about it.

Of course I would have a healthy breakfast of vege soup and 3 slices of bread. Then bread sandwich for lunch, packet of chips in the afternoon and finished by plenty of pasta for dinner. I was still within points for the day but what I was eating was CRAP!!! And I wandered why I lacked energy?? I reckon probably 40-45% of my daily intake was bread,pasta,potatoes or sugar.

So day one of the detox ... man did I suffer!!! I thought I was gonna run out of go and kark it!! I was soooo hungry ... all day!!!!

Day 2 and 3 was a little better but I still missed my bread.

Onto Day 8 today and I don't miss it one bit. My energy levels have gone through the roof. I no longer need redbulls, or v's or coffee. Infact I've only had one coffee (for social reasons) in the last 5 days and I had it with no sugar (normally have 1tsp) and it tasted fine.

Infact that's another thing I've noticed ... my taste buds have changed. Because I'm not eating any sugar other than fruit I can taste things better. I also cut out salt, where I used to add a tsp in the veges at night, now I don't bother and I haven't noticed the difference.

I think the biggest change tho has been my lack of hunger. Still having my 3 meals and 2 snacks ... but I eat because it's time to eat, not because I can't think of anything else but food.

So briefly ... the pros & cons ...

Cons ...
  • It's truly hard work especially in the first 3 days
  • Costs around $119 depending on the brand you choose
  • Of course the 80 capsules each day is a chore but does get easier
  • Difficult to come up with ideas for meals, especially dinners
  • Burp up 'herbal' yucky burps for half an hour after each tablet taking session
  • On day 3 & 4 of tablets, got sick of running to toilet

Pros ...

  • Cravings for packet food (chips etc.) has vanished
  • Energy levels hugely increased, alert & vibrant in the mornings, not tired at night
  • Hunger levels decreased, especially afternoon times
  • Positive mindset, clearer thinking
  • Skin clearer, acne decreasing
  • Of course weightloss
  • Taste changed, appreciate natural sugars, don't need salty foods
  • Drinking less caffeine drinks

So there you have it from me. The other 'medical' benefits ie. boils, psoriasis clearing, I will have to keep monitoring that one as time will tell.

Amazing to think I only have one more day to go and I'm done. This has DEFINATELY, DEFINATELY been worth it. Becks mentioned at the start to me that I will learn alot about my own body and it has been so true. I have also come to really appreciate natural food for what it is.

Initially I chose to do this detox as a weightloss tool but it's done far more than that for me. It's been the springboard to a much happier, healthier way of eating for me and one that I'm going to continue.

Over the next week I will gradually add protein (meat, milk, cheese) into my diet but I'm choosing at this stage to omit bread, pasta, white rice, chips, potatoes. If I'm not missing it ... why have it?

14 comments:

Sienna said...

I think this was one of the best things you can do for yourself. Since our colons are so blocked up with crap, it's so nice to flush them out.... so much of that weight would be all that rotten decomposing food! No wonder you feel lighter! I see your list of stars is growing!

Zanna said...

Good on you for sticking with it - you are sounding like you are just about ready to jump out of your skin. Remember you need to tell us if you manage to produce "like the pictures"!! LOL

Meow Meow said...

Thank you for ALL of the info.

It's something I would consider. As a teacher, I guess, it would have to be a summer deal for me. I can;t just run out of the classroom.

Jules said...

And this why I ordered mine today. Can't wait for it to arrive. You don't start the actual pills till a couple of days in do you?? Maybe I could start the fruit and vege side of it on Sunday and then it would be ready to go when pills arrived??

Anne said...

Yep - I was waiting to hear if you went like the picture!! Does sound like it has done you a lot of good and something I will be looking into for sure!

Thanks for your lovely comment today - I bit the bullet and went in and weighed at lunch time, bloody hard to do but better than mucking around for another week - now I can get on with it! Weird what you said about how WW weighers have trouble, it's true but wonder why??

Anne said...

Yep - I was waiting to hear if you went like the picture!! Does sound like it has done you a lot of good and something I will be looking into for sure!

Thanks for your lovely comment today - I bit the bullet and went in and weighed at lunch time, bloody hard to do but better than mucking around for another week - now I can get on with it! Weird what you said about how WW weighers have trouble, it's true but wonder why??

celtic_girl said...

Thanks for the recap. It certainly does make it worth the effort as I have learned myself this week.

Lee-Anne said...

Thanks for that wrap up on detox Lyn. What I needed to hear and I think what a lot of us needed to hear as well. I'm going to start Monday week.

I was thinking about doing it at the beginning of the year but never committed to it.

I also think that if you're not missing your potato and bread and pasta then don't eat them. I know if I have too much of them my body rebels by getting bloated.

You have a great day tomorrow and a great weekend.

Christine said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this blog today. I have really been wondering about you today. I am really happy for you and the way that you are feeling - you so deserve it.

Helena said...

sorry to rain on your parade mate! LOL welcome to my world of natural food and limited starchy carbs, it really does make you feel better eh? It'll rev your metabolism too, come the mornings, you'll be starvingggggggggggggg to feed your body with some more good food. Great work, keep it up! :)

pointing the weigh said...

WELL DONE YOU!!

And thanks for keeping us upated of how it has been going...fab!!

Huge hugs to you

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for that Lyn... mine is on its way!! Yeehaaaaa!!
Sue xxx

Chris H said...

Starting mine today, feel all riled up and ready to finally kick start the weight loss again... so, what was your final recorded weight loss on this programme?

The Candid Bandit said...

This is EXACTLY how I feel when Im on Cohens. I eliminate all the processed shit and eat ONLY fresh produce. My energy levels are absolutely astounding.

When I said you'll notice and listne to your body I also mean once you finish and maybe have your first peice of bread (for example) you will notice within hours what it does to your body. Instant downer.

I'm absolutely proud as punch of you for sticking to this. So many people poo-poo the idea of 'detox' and you often hear "Oh, I couldn't do it for that long".. I say, if you can't clean your body and fill it full of energy in 10 days then it's their loss right?