Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Enough stupid faces!!

SmileyCentral.com


Yeah ... I'm thinking the same ... fluid. But either way it doesn't matter because I'm back on track and ultimately what those evil scales say don't really matter.

I made sure I drank loads of water the last few days and yesterday I just couldn't stop peeing!! I'm absolutely sure I peed out more than I put in so that again is telling me ... fluid.

I had a quick jump on the scales again this morning to see if the water helped and sure enough I've dropped down 800g.

Yesterday, I put a comment on Helena's post how inspired I was by meeting her and I want to post it here as well. While we were all dishing away the alcohol, she proudly held her water bottle, and joined in the boogies. The last month or so I have been treading water with motivation. Still sticking to program 80% of the time but without that pizazz. On the weekend I took a good look at Helena and realised the commitment she has and it's not like she's new at this with a beginners bounce. She was doing the weightloss thing when I lost weight the first time and still going great guns!!! Go Helena! you have given me back my drive to do this!! Thankyou chick!!

Some of you may have noticed my profile pic change. While at Chris's we did a little interesting exercise. While going around the room we all voted on each blog as to whether they ...
  1. Looked like their blog


  2. Acted like their blog

It was actually fascinating finding out what we all thought. Mine came back as I acted like my blog but didn't look like it. So the promise was made by me to update my pic. The tricky part is the fact that I absolutely HATE having my photo taken. And with a combination of this and alcohol = stupid faces/fingers/tongues poking out. After the array of photos from everyone I was absolutely disgusted and downhearted that all the photos of me looked ugly. So with a spurt of teenage rebellion I did up a profile pic as ugly as I could make it, here ...







Then after having it up for a few hours I came across Lee-anne's pics... finally ... a nice photo, with a nice smile and no stupid faces. So thankyou to Lee-anne, I have a recent profile pic that doesn't make my stomach turn!!!


Today ... pretty busy day in the shop. Bill's day off so he's gone out fishing. Wednesday's our cigarette order arrives, produce arrives, coke arrives, gilmour's order arrives all in between customers. But I'm not complaining because a busy day = a fast day and lots of bonus points!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful are you!!!

Now that is the girl I know at this present time.

You are an inspiration hun!! You are going to do this!!

Chicky we are going to do this!! Lots of faith.

Can't wait to meet again where we can chat properly...

Love Chubbymum

The Candid Bandit said...

Ohhh now I'm intrigued.. Do I LOOK & Act like my blog?

Lyn, it always saddens me when women say they hate their photo being taken because it says so much more.. it says "I am not comfortable with the way I look."

You look beautiful. Not once did I say "Wow, she has got some strange ass shit going on with her face".. I looked and thought you were hilarious and entertaining your friends and having a blast.

Ease up on yourself will you? I'm going to issue a challenge. I want to see one picture a week on here from you. It's not conceited, it's an exercise in self acceptance and realising how much beauty you do radiate (and self timer photography!).

It's funny, the first thing I do when I start to lose weight is drop all alcohol. It messes with your metabolism big time. So like Helena, I sit at the bar with an icy cold glass of water but tell people it's vodka.

(having said that, I'm indulging in a few glasses of red tonight with 'S' - hypocrite much? LOL)

The Candid Bandit said...

P.S. TOTALLY forgot to say how serene and gorgeous you look in the picture taken by Leeanne.

Tania said...

Lol - funny that you post this today! I've been planning a post in my head about how much I'm not like my blog.

Love the picture - you're looking great, you should be proud.

Helena's blog has been saved in my favourites for ages as one of those I plan to start reading - sounds like I should make it a priority, I love reading inspiring blogs.

Chris H said...

Yep, I really love that photo too, it's the one you girls text'd me on your way down here, so when you turned up on my door with those friggin glasses on, imagine my horror... you were kinda ugly!!! Ha ha ha....talk about "got ya Chris"....

Christine said...

LOL. Now it worries me that you gals all drank and talked about me thru the night! LOL! Do I look like my blog?? LOL! I do love your new profile picture though - such a great smile.

pointing the weigh said...

Lovely pic Lyn.

You are a gorgeous lady!!

Glad to read you enjoyed the party, wish I could have been there.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Nice pic Lyn - it's a really lovely one.

:)

Anonymous said...

you are gorgeous in this pic babe!

Rachel said...

GORGEOUS picture, gorgeous in real life.

Have a fantastic week.

Em said...

Your new pic is lovely and from the comments your innerself is lovely too...keep smiling :)

celtic_girl said...

I'm with you , I hate having my picture taken.

Your new profile photo is lovely though.