Friday, August 24, 2007

Got my station girls losing weight too :)

I'm half way through my assignment ... got all the yucky NZ Law stuff done which is the worst of it. I must admit I'm feeling rather disjointed with not having internet at home. Especially not being able to catch up with what all you guys are up to on a daily basis. So don't any of you go having any groundbreaking news until I'm back in the land of the living, ok? :)

I spoke to a customer yesterday who also had the same virus as me and she said hers came through the new bubble xtra thing they have done. Hmmm, very interesting! We are with xtra but don't have the bubble thing set up. How bad is that if it is through the new xtra upgrade??? I'm still not totally sure where it came from. She's had her computer in with a computer geek for over 2 days now and they still can't fix it! And at $65 an hour!!!! Linda I looked up that software you recommended but for the free version it doesn't scan for spyware and I'm too much of a scrooge to pay out any more money ... yet. I've also been told about Adaware.com so I'll look into that when I get a chance.

I'm quite chuffed at the moment, I've managed to get lots of us here at the station all trying to lose weight! There are now four of us girls on some sort of weightloss program so it makes it a bit more exciting get that support from eachother.

Well that's about me for the moment, not much else happening. Sorry the smilies at the start of my blog have to go on hold for a bit until I get my home computer up and running again. I'm not able to download any programs onto the station computer, so it's just the bare basics for now.

19 comments:

Chris H said...

Thanks for the advice Lyn, you are probably right. I will try to drink some water, i will! And Hey, you could set up your own little support group by the sound of it! Have a great weekend mate.

Christine said...

Seems to be happening to me too. Alot of gals at work are really making an effort - I guess they figure Christine can do it - they had better at least give it a try. It's nice to see that they recognize my journey!

Rachel said...

How cool that you have a few of you now losing weight....support is invaluable.

I wish your computer was up and running because you aren't updating nearly enough for my liking......LOL

Chubbymum said...

That is great that you have your work mates losing weight too hun... it is great when there are others to support you and you them.

Missing you here... not the same.. .get that damn computer fixed he he he

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Lee-Anne said...

You must be infectious if you've got the girls at the station on the weight loss wagon.

We had internet problems about a week and a half ago. Computer just started getting slower and slower. Col ended doing a backup and restored back about a month prior and it fixed it. We haven't encountered any probs with the upgrade - apart from not being able to access our mail until Monday and all the spam that we're getting hit with now that we didn't before. A real pain.

Hope you get your computer fixed real soon.

Anne said...

So good to get group support going like that. It really does help. Missing your regular updates and hope you get your computer sorted soon. I know how you feel being with out the Internet - we have just had that experience!

Tania said...

NO INTERNET!!!! Oh no! That would be my worst nightmare ... lol ... great to know that we can still read regular updates.

Well done on inspiring others at the station, there really is no end to the inspiration you spread, it's infectious.

Have a great weekend.

jen said...

sheeeeeeeeeeez still no internet....hope its all sorted out soon. Just be careful with that Adaware...I downloaded that and ended up with a virus from it!!
Good you have the added support from the girls at the station...all helps!!

Jen

The Candid Bandit said...

Spybot is free and absolutely the best anti spyware program. I had spyware slipping through my others but nothing gets through Spybot. Super easy to use and I think you can get it at Downloads.com

Did you know the biggest problm that caused my last lot of shit was the yahoo toolbar (to this day when I visit a yahoo site, my spybot goes nuts with warnings).. and also Bearshare.

Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

how cool and motiviational are you! it is so much easier with other people around you to whinge and bitch over!

"The Captain" said...

I am shocked. The fake captain didn't hit your site. I am having to try to hunt down some of his posts. Take iteasy.
jeff

Mel. said...

You are such an inspirational person to me. Congratulations on your results so far. Can't wait to read more about them.

Anonymous said...

How horrible to have internet issues, hope they are resolved very soon - can't have you paying for internet cafes!!

Jules said...

Hey dude

My computer geek guy set up two free anti virus programmes and two free spyware programmes.

AntiVir
AVG
Spyware Blaster
Spybot

Not a cent exchanged.

Moby Dick said...

When is your next weigh in?

Lee-Anne said...

About time you got that internet sorted buddy.

Or have you been busy doing your GST. Ha, ha.

Anyway miss you. Hope you post soon. I might have to come over soon when you have a free weekend.

Nona said...

It's great to have the extra support.

Btw. my partner uses adaware and thinks it's great.

Name: Lynise said...

Not sure what the current status is on your puter, but as you havn't posted, I'm assuming things are still not right.
If you need some help getting it fixed I have fixed similar probs in the past and may be able to help.
Let me know if you need assistance. In the mean time I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
PS: I have a brillent idea (not relating to your computer) but will run it past you soon, but not on here, I will flick you an e-mail or something.

Take care

Kate said...

It's always fun when you have people trying to lose weight with you. Makes it an easier journey because you have someone to talk to about the ups and downs (alot like the blogs!).