Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day 7 detox - weighin day






Well I did have an 'event' but as to whether that was IT or not ... hmmm, I'm not sure. It certainly didn't look anything like that picture! lol As the title says I'm onto day 7 of the detox with two more days to go (I did 4 buildup days of diet only)

Ok enough of that subject ... As for my weighin this week ...

I lost ...









Bringing me to my lowest weight this time round and another goal achieved ... I'm officially at the exact same start weight that I was last time round. Although this could be construed as a negative point I choose to make it a positive. For this journey so far everytime I've made any achievement something in the back of my brain tells me "yeah, but you still haven't started yet". Now I am truelly on my way to goal!

I've joined up with a local weighin group called the 'piglets playgroup'... cool name huh? They meet every Wednesday morning at someone's house to weighin in and get measurements taken. So it's a great way to keep up my accountability. The lady who organises it told me today that in the 8wks it's been going NO ONE HAS HAD A GAIN!!! Sheesh that's a lot to live up to! Think I'm gonna have to step it up a notch! But I feel excited in saying that. Time to get down and get dirty!!!

We received Lauren's midyear report in the mail this morning. And it was a glowing report, one that I was very proud to read!! Except for one thing ... it said she had been absent for 11 days this year and three of her subjects had the words 'attendance concern' listed. I went into complete panic mode, calling Bill down to the shop to see. We both looked at eachother and realised that our 'good girl' was starting some bad habits. I mean this could lead onto other things ... smoking, stealing ... who knows what else??

Bill suggested we ring the school and get the exact days she was absent then sit her down when she got home and have a very stern talk with her. As Bill got off the phone with the school, he burst into laughter. What's so funny?? It was a computer glitch! Apparently the computer was randomly throwing in absent days for some students. They had been inundated with phone calls from concerned parents just like us! What a relief!! For a moment there I had thoughts my daughter was turning into a backyard junkie at just 12yrs old!

So now that panic attack is over life can get onto normality again!!

19 comments:

Chubbymum said...

Well done with the loss and on your way to goal hun... that is fabulous.

He he he computers aye... can never trust them.

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

celtic_girl said...

WOWSER! What a great loss, makes it worth it me thinks. I'm hoping for something similar

celtic_girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

3.2kgs congrats Lyn. There goes last weeks gain plus some....yay!

Only a couple more days left of the cleanse and hopefully a couple more kilo's :)

Thank god Bill rang the school before you sat her down for the 'talk'....hehehe

"The Captain" said...

good job lyn. 1 or 2 pounds here and there really add up!!!!
Jeff

Zanna said...

Sorry 'Captain" one or two pounds just doesn't cut it - try 6 or 7!!!! Absolutely fantastic Lyn!

Chris H said...

3.2 !!! That's bloody awesome, I can't wait to start the de-tox... hurry up and get tomorrow over with! Ha ha the computer glitch, I would have been freaking too!

Anne said...

Amazing loss!! Great thinking making positive of being at this stage. Another couple of goals achieved as well.

What a relief about Lauren!

The Candid Bandit said...

YEEHAW!

Fantastic loss but best of all you are getting some sweet ass health benefits too.

Nothing like a flush out!

Meow Meow said...

Sorry about the panic mode. As a teacher, trust me computers in our main office spit out WRONG stuff on a daily basis. I am glad you got things straightened out!!!

Good going on the loss!

Lee-Anne said...

That's a fantastic loss. I bet you're feeling great knowing your hard work is paying off..

Christine said...

Great loss! How are you feeling?? How is your body responding to it??

pointing the weigh said...

So pleased that everything was ok with your daughter and school, kids can be such a worry (sometimes)....no, scratch that............ALL THE TIME!!

RE-Comment:
I love Avocados also.
I was going to ask what you have been eating since you started your detox because apparently there are various detox's for different reasons i.e. toxicity, colon and I can't remember the other detox.

Well have a good day chick.

Hugs to you

Lynda said...

yay, great loss! That club sounds good too. Fancy the school not noticing the computer error before sending out the reports - that would have been a worry.

Helena said...

nice workkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! makes it all worth the effort when you get results like that ... congrats babe and keep going! :)

Jules said...

Did you buy direct from The Herbalist or over the internet? I really want to do this.

That photo is bloody foul on that website but what is worse is that you can be living with that much old shit caked on your colon. Barf!!

Sienna said...

Wow, what an amazing loss!! Congrats!! Very funny about the truancy issue, thank god for that!

Kathryn said...

congrats on your amazing loss!!!

Tania said...

FANTASTIC loss Lyn - all those tablets were worth the effort.

Lol @ Lauren - probably a good thing you rang the school before confronting her!