Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The big event??

SmileyCentral.com


I managed to down my tablets last night without too much bother. It's still taking me 2ltrs so I feel pretty uncomfortable but at least I'm not gagging anymore. I spoke to a customer in the shop yesterday who does it every year and he told me after day 3 it's not a big issue any more and I think he may be right... it is getting easier. So funny tho, seeing people's faces when I say I'm taking 80 tablets a day!!!

I must say I feel a bit like a guinea pig under a microscope with this whole thing. I have everyone watching me to see what's going to happen ... like maybe I might explode or something. People from ambulance want to do it, Bill wants to do it, a couple of girlfriends want to do it, and of course a few of you guys too. I said to Bill it's like everyone wants to find out if it works first before they try and he replied "YEAH!! What did you expect??". And I must admit I'm a bit the same too. I mean I know there's going to be some major 'bowel event' ... lol ... I'm actually a bit nervous about it. I'm not sure if it's gonna be a KAWBOWZA!!! there it is??? or a gradual built up. Bill was asking me the other day ... "so ... how do you ... I mean ... are you gonna be able to wipe it? ... is it gonna hurt? ... I mean it's like, the photo you showed me was a half metre long bugger ... how can that come out your arse in one go???" ... and I was like "I don't know!!! how would I know, I haven't done this before!!" lol

In some ways I feel like a full term preggers waiting for 'the big day' ... I actually thought to myself as I hoped on the scales this morning (yes I have been weighing daily this week out of interest) ... "I wonder if it's going to happen today?" ... how crazy is that?? I even felt my tummy gurgling last night and thought "Ooooo ... I just felt some niggles" But so far they've all been braxten hicks ;o)

As I was on the scales this morning I was briefly disappointed that my weight was the same today as yesterday. I had to slap myself about the cheeks ... WAKE UP WOMAN!! Since when did your weight go down every single day for 6 days??? Umm like never?? ... well then, what are you complaining about??? She's right, um I mean that's right. It's amazing how quickly we get used to the scales dropping and ungrateful for it staying the same.

Weighin tomorrow ... given the "big event" hasn't occurred yet (if there even IS a big event, I'm a bit too scared to ask the healthshop lady that question) my weight won't have dropped HUGE amounts. But it still will be a loss so that's all good. And I have noticed already changes in my cravings (or lack thereof) and energy levels (like I've had a coffee but I haven't). So that in itself is reason enough to make it all worth it.

But I'll certainly keep you all posted ...

6 comments:

Anne said...

OMG - that is what I need!! I went a whole week on holiday - with nothing!! All that food - I was starting to wonder where it was going, felt really bloated and yucky... Will be interested to see what happens to you - (LOL maybe I should rephrase that..)

Chris H said...

I'm going to feel ripped off If I don't have a "big event" !!! So you better!!! No way am I gunna do it and then have nothing happen like they say it will!!!! Keep posting.... we all wanna know!

pointing the weigh said...

Yes, we are waiting for it to arrive...lol

You are doing well with keeping to this.

Hugs to you

Christine said...

As yuck as it is - I am curious to hear how things work for you - I don't think that I personally would leave the house until the big event has happened. LOL. It's gotta happen sooner than later - all the pills have to come out eventually. :) Good luck with things - we are defintely curious, thats for sure!!

celtic_girl said...

Laughing my head off at your husband's questions re the "big event". I must admit to being curious myself, I think if I dropped a log like the one in the photos (sorry if it sounds crude) I'd probably need a winch to help get it out. Hope it goes well for you.

Anne said...

Mmmm - has it happened...