Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Any advice??

Lollypop


I'm proud to say I'm still doing well and sticking to my points. I've had another motivated, eating well, exercising well, drink water well day!!

I usually struggle when I work all day in the shop. On the weekends is fine because it's so busy, but when it's a little quieter on the weekdays I tend to pick.

Take this for a scenario ... If you spent 12hrs in one building and everytime you walked out of one room to another (probably over 100 times a day) someone shoved a jar of chocolates in your face, can you imagine how hard that would be? I'm sure you'd say you'd resist ... yeah, for one day, maybe a week ... but for 4mths?? or longer?? That's what I'm facing at the moment. Everytime I walk out of the back office into the shop I walk straight into the lolly counter (at eye level too). Before I started working in the dairy I never considered myself a sweet tooth. And lollies/chocolates were only a temptation just before TTOM. The lady we bought the shop from said she put on heaps of weight working there as a consequence of those evil lollies.

My first thoughts were that I'd be fine. I was determined not to let them get to me. Anyway, I don't much care for lollies (more of a chips and dip girl) ... but I tell ya, I have to fight every single day I work there. And not just fight every day but fight every minute, everytime I walk out of the back office into the lollies I physically have to make myself turn away to aviod looking at them. I never realised how hard it would be.

I read a journal yesterday of a lady I have a lot of respect for. She's lost over 45kg and is now running marathons. She still plans what she eats and tracks everything even tho she's been at goal for months/years. Some of her words can be in your face and very hard nosed but I respect that because she's done the hard yards and knows what it's like to struggle for years to lose weight. Anyhow ... she spoke yesterday about the pathetic excuses people give for going offtrack. Her advice was if you put yourself in situations where you know you'll be tempted without planning ahead then you're an idiot. Well not those exact words, she put it a little more tactful than that lol. But in essence that's what her post was about.

I whole heartedly agree with her advice. But honestly I have thought and thought about this situation (with the lollies in the shop) and I can't see how I can change my environment with this one. At home I'm fine ... I keep the house point friendly ... at the shop I can't change that.

Now for the past week I've been great ... I haven't gone overboard on any lollies. I've had a couple but counted them in my points. But that's because I'm incredibly motivation now. What happens when I get a weak moment, am I going to cave in? Her advice was to plan now while we are strong for moments we are weak. I'm really stumped on this one. I've tried chewing gum (works for a few hours), I take healthy food with me, I get out for a walk when I can, tried chupa chups (not a good look for the customers). I think the only thing I can do on this one is just stay strong, determined to do this.

One thing I have done is increased my exercise. I walked to work yesterday morning (and we had galeforce winds here), then when staff came in at 12pm I went for an hours walk along the beach, then walked home again after work (carrying Jese on my shoulders, all 15kgs of him!! Pity my bonus buddy didn't register the extra weight I had to carry lol) At the end of the day I had walked 11,726 steps/7.7kms and earnt 5.5 bonus points! And I felt great!!

One thing I noticed last week that I think attibuted to my big loss ... I ate all my bonus points!! Not necesarily on the day that I earnt them but over the whole week I ate every single one of them. For the past 23mths I have never eaten bonus points (unless by accident) choosing to save them to lose more weight. And I wonder (I'm not totally sure on this one) but I had a great loss this last week and I ate them all. So I'm going to try it again this week and see what happens. In theory eating more and exercising more should speed up the motabolism ... we'll see I guess.

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.8kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: