Sunday, December 05, 2004

What a sweetie!!

Faint


So much has happened since my last update and I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to tell you all about it. But I'm here now ...

You know that BBQ meal I had all planned for dinner the other night? Well that all went out the window when Bill walked in the door at 4pm and told me to go put some nice spunky outfit on. All the questions started firing at him as to what he was up to. Of course he wouldn't say anything but to put a nice outfit on and pack an overnight bag.

So a frantic hour later I was showered, dressed with a face put on and smelling oh so nice ... heheh

All packed up in the car off we went. We ended up at Hamilton (an hours drive from here) at a motel. A babysitter turned up, instructions given and a taxi arrived. He took me to a fantastic restaurant in the Main street of Hamilton. Absolutely devine food!!! I was a little worried because I hadn't planned on a night out (points wise) but you'd be proud of me!!

I ordered the salad of the day for starters ... yummy combination of fancy lettuce, cherry tomatos, red onion, seeds, green olives (but I gave these to Bill, to save on points hehehe) and basil leaves coated in a balsamic vinager dressing. Absolutely YUMM!! (I counted it as 2pts given I had a couple of olives and there was a little olive oil in the dressing)

Then for mains I had a salmon fillet on chargrilled veges and placed on rice in a honey sauce and a side plate of steamed veges ... it was soooo devine!! And again really low in points.

I considered having dessert but there was nothing low point on the menu and I was comfortably satisfied, any more would have made me too full.

So off we went for a walk to see what we could find. Went to a couple of bars, had a few drinks and moved on with not much happening.

Then we found a pool club. Bill and I love playing pool. We used to play regularly in our dating years. It's been a while and I was a little out of practice but was very enjoyable. An hour and a half later we decided to move on to see what else we could find to do.

Had a look round at a few more clubs but they were filled with teenyboppers. (shheeesh I must be getting old lol) ... Had a bouncer on that I was offended he never asked ME for ID! lol

Then we found the Outback bar and it was perfect! Not too crowded, lots of space, good music, a couple of pool tables and a dance floor! So we settled ourselves down there. A few drinks later and I was feeling rather ... ummm ... relaxed! lol

A guy came over to ask if Bill wanted to play a game of pool with him with a wager of $5. Sure Bill said. So I sat and watched them play. This guy was good!! But unfortunately he sunk the white ball straight after the black right at the final shot, so lost and Bill won himself $5 bucks! YAY!

Then two guys came up to them and asked if they wanted a doubles game for a wager of $5. Bill and this guy made a great team!! Then we found out that the two guys were All Blacks!! They were big guys!!! But such gentle giants! Wahooo!! And get this he won both games against them!!! Winning himself $15 bucks!!! Yeah baby!!!

I went for a dance on the floor then we decided to head home. (well back to the motel) One taxi ride and we were there ... at 1.30am!!!! Impressive for me ... I'm usually someone who falls asleep infront of the tv at 9.30pm! lol

Flopped into bed and up again at 7am to get back home intime to have the kids at school.

Had an absolute ball!! And get this ...with the restaurant meal and all the drinks ... I kept within my points!!!! Yeah ... now that's a GOOD NIGHT OUT!!

Worked in the shop yesterday morning, then went to a friends for a BBQ lunch, then home for a quick nap and back to the shop for a 5pm-7pm shift. Home again last night, had dinner, chatted to Bill for a bit then off to flop my tired body into bed!

I have today off and it's pretty yucky weather outdoors so might be a lazy day indoors for me!

Ohhh and I have to tell you guys ... I've only had 3 lollies in the last 5 days!!! And I've stuck to points 100%!! Goal is so close for me now ... I have to do this! I'm going to do this!! I am doing this!!!

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.8kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: