Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Warning!! Rambling below

Nerd


Thanks guys ... feeling much better today, just a little tightness in the lungs.

Saw a thing on tv last night about a new drug that's coming out that suppossed to speed up your metabolism with absolutely no side effects. Bill and I were glued to the screen to find out what it's name was and where we could get it! lol ... only to find out it won't be on sale in Australia till 2008, so who knows when it will be here in NZ!! Said to Bill I may as well eat like there's no tomorrow until it arrives here!! JUUUUUST KIDDDDDING!! lol

In all honesty I'm not one for taking pills. Ask Bill, even when I'm nearly dieing I still won't take a panadol. Something in me just says your body gives you signs for a reason so if we knock out the signs how do we know what's happening?

But this new metabolism drug did sound great. It speeds up your metabolism to that of a fit person and unlike all the other diet drugs out there it doesn't rebound when stopped. i.e. you don't pile weight back on, you just stop losing. On the tests they did 100% of the people lost weight (over twelve weeks) and most of them lost around 10-12kgs in that time.

I know what alot of you are thinking ... what's she talking about taking that when she's so close to goal? But that's just it ... I'm finding it so hard to lose these last few kilos that something like that would be just the trick to do it.

Anyhow, it's not on sale yet and won't be for quite a few years in which time I WILL BE AT GOAL!! lol ... so all this talk is for nothing ... sheesh I'm rambling today aren't I? lol

Onto another thing I saw on tv ... studies have shown that the average size has gone up now to a size 14-16 in New Zealand ... I'm so glad to see they have finally worked out what we've all been saying for a long time ... that the so called size 8 chick is not the average anymore. And they've also worked out that shops have a big range of fittings for their sizes ... like a size 12 girl can be anything from a size 10 in one shop to a size 16 in another ... well .... HELLLOOOOOOOOO???? We've known THAT for donkeys ages!! Funny how science takes a while to catch on to what women's intuition has known for ages!

Now onto another thing .. now this got me riled up!!! Watched a documentary on the current generation and what they think of the older generation (named generation X, that's my generation ... and baby boomers, that's my parent's generation). They were so arrogant!! and full of themselves ... and ... oooooooohh ... I could go on for hours! lol ... one thing amoung all the insults they said was that woman who have had babies shouldn't wear hipsters!! Because their skin is all saggy!! Bill said I nearly got up and hit the screen!! lol

Ok I've calmed down now and gotten over it ... a little!! But who do they think they are to tell someone who has been through childbirth that they can't dress how they want? Ok, ok, ok ... I'm stopping now, before I explode!

Anyway these were a couple of things I caught on tv (canya see I'm a little tv addict at the moment! lol) that got my attention and thought I'd pass it on for ya!

Weightwise ... I dunno what happened on Monday but suddenly my weight shot right up, didn't do nuthin naughty ... honest!! Really don't know where that one came from ... anyhow today it's come down a little, still not where it should be but heading in the right direction.

Hey and guess what?? (yeah I know I'll end this entry soon) but Bill changed the lollies over to another drawer system on the side counter and it's slightly opaque ... that's done the trick ... I only had two lollies in the last 4 days!! Wahooo me!!!!

Ok I'll sign off now ... promise!! lol Quick before I think of something else to say! lol

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.2kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: