Saturday, May 01, 2004

What was I scared of?

The school reunion was an absolute blast!! I walked in with my head held high and proud of who I am. I was nervous of meeting school pupils I hadn't seen in over 15-20yrs. As I walked in I heard some people murmer and whisper ... saying "hey that's Lynette, wow look at her!" I felt so fantastic!!

Today I decided in my head I was going to approach each of the 4 boys that used to bully me in school. One of them continued bullying me from primary right through to I was 15yrs old in high school. I used to consider myself very much a victem but today I was the successful one and held my shoulders back in proud confidence. I bowled up to each one of them throughout the day. I wasn't mean, wasn't attacking just chatted with them as if nothing had ever happened. The worst of them Stephen saw me and gave me an excited hug and continued to chat to me for the next 20mins. It was so surreal and a wonderful healing process. I finally feel I can put my past behind me now. There was no one I felt too ashamed to talk to. I got told repeatedly throughout the two days that I was looking fantastic considering having 4 kids. "How do you do it?" They'd ask. I smiled to myself especially seeing that most of them were fatter than me, some bald, some unemployed but all were friendly and genuinely curious as to what I was upto now. I don't mean that in a revenge way but that I was so scared I was going to be the outsider walking back into a teasing nightmare. But it was anything but.

I'll update more tomorrow but for now I'm exhausted and ready for bed.

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.9kg
GW 65kg

No comments: