Friday, May 07, 2004

Getting back to business

This job hunting thing has really been getting me down lately. It's just so competitive. Every job I seem to be able to get isn't paying enough to even cover the daycare costs so I have to turn it down.

I came to a decision yesterday that finally has me excited. Something I haven't felt in a long time. I'm going to start my photography idea. I had an idea last year about doing portrait photography and fine art photography with photomanipulation. Things like sketchy borders, photo collages, putting faint text over the photos and making a photo into an art piece. The fine art photos (things like photographing flowers, fruit, vases, teddy bears and other objects) I will frame and sell to gift shops. And the portrait photography I will do on contract for people. I have lots of ideas spinning round in my head and just want to get started.

The thing that has stopped me doing it till now has been the lack of a digital camera. But my brother has just bought the camera I was going to get so I'm going to ask him if I can borrow it for 6wks to get started and then when things take off I can buy my own. Gives me a chance then to see how it's going to pan out and so I can get some practice in. I have all the computer equipment and printers here to be able to print it off myself (A3 printer) and I have located a wholesaler framer that sells frames a whole heap cheaper. So a framed print 45cm x 60cm will only cost around $50 and I'm hoping to be able to sell them for around $100-$150 to the gift shops. Still have to price everything out exactly yet.

It was actually the Oprah show that inspired me to do something about this business idea. She had an episode on a few days ago about mums at home that have become millionaires from running a business in their own home. I'm not suggesting I will become a millionaire from this but it's something I am passionate about and as long as it brings us in $50-$70 a week it will be enough.

My eating was fantastic yesterday. I even went to the gym in the morning for the first time in months. Mind you Bill had to push me out of bed to get there and I was pretty grumpy about it at the time lol. But of course thanking him for it now.

My butt is pretty sore today but good to know why. I even drank all my 2 litres of water ... wahoo!!

Bill got given a ticket to the rugby on Saturday at work but turned it down because he wanted to spend his Saturday with me instead ... isn't that sweet? Even with all this pressure and stress we are going through at the moment it's great to know we are as strong as ever together. Something like this has the ability to break alot of couples up. We've had our times of thinking we were going to split up a few years back but coming through it has made us even stronger!! I love my Bill!!

Enough sop for one day lol ... on with my eating ...

Thursday 6th May

Breakfast - 2pts
cereal 1.5pts
skim milk 0.5pt

Snack - 2.5pts
uncle Tobys bar 2pts
Mizone 0.5pt

Lunch - 6pts
soup 2pts
bread 4pts

Snack - 2pts
picking at dinner 2pts

Dinner - 8pts
corn fritters 6pts
oven baked chips 2pts


Total Points used - 18.5pts
Allocated points - 21pts
Water - 800mls
Exercise - 1hr gym workout
Bonus Points - 8pts
Total Bonus Points - 8pts
Points saved - 2.5pts
Total saved - 2.5pts


That's enough ramble for me today
Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.2kg
GW 65kg

No comments: