Saturday, September 25, 2004

I'm still succeeding

Spent 3 days totally under the weather. I've never had anything that painful before ... that I remember anyhow!! It's finally starting to get better now.

While I was at the doctors the other day I got a pregnancy blood test done (ok Hailey you can stop nagging me now lol)

Ok great news!!! Test result came back negative ... I'm not pregnant!! I really didn't think I was but just needed to have someone tell me that lol. Stupid thing was I got the result Thursday midday and then Friday morning I got my period!!! lol 17 days late!!! Always the way, I bet if I didn't have the test done I still wouldn't have my period now!

My ear is on the mend, I'm noticing it better and better each day now. I'm still on panodol every 3hrs ... now for my ear AND terrible period pains. I don't normally have this many pains with TTOM but this month seems to be particularly bad ... presuming because it was so late. Feels like my body is one big pain throb ... lol ... but as Bill said last night AT LEAST IM NOT PREGNANT! very true!

We went to mum and dad's to stay (in Hamilton) for the Thurs, Friday. As usual she tried to sabotage me with baked cakes and fatning food. But this time I did pretty well. I said yes to one small piece of banana cake. When she tried to offer me another I said nah I better not ... when she started to complain saying she baked it especially for me and the least I could do was have another piece. I was totally assertive and said thanks and that piece was delicous!!! Assertiveness is something I'm still in practice with my mother. But I did pretty well I thought

I offered to cook dinner for everyone ... hehe ... cunning me got out the low fat spray and lean beef mince for a vege stirfry. Another situation averted.

Yesterday we went to town to get an eye test done and other stuff. We left early and Bill suggested we get breakfast at McD's ... I agreed before I really thought about it. At the drive through I ordered a Bacon and Egg McMuffen (knowing that was point friendly) but then quickly added in 2 hashbrowns ... hoping the scales didn't hear!! lol. I ate the McMuffin and decided to leave the hash browns till later or feed them to the kids ... yay I did it .. gave them away!!

Had my eye test done ... I'm officially blind as a bat!! Have to wear glasses 24/7. I've needed to wear glasses for driving and watching tv etc for the last 10yrs but now they need to be on all the time. I might actually be able to keep them a bit longer now that they have to be on my face all the time. My kids were forever breaking the others. This time I got some trendy titanium ones. I feel pretty spunky in them. Don't get them till next Friday tho.

While waiting for Bill after my appointment I filled in the time ... umm .. by eating!! In a weak moment I bought an icecream ... but I made sure it was a 97% f/f yoghurt one. I had to laugh because Bill arrived as I started to lick it. We walked past a clothes shop, I decided I was cold and needed to buy a warmer top. Handing my icecream to him I ran in and out real quick. When I got back I asked where my icecream was ... "IN THE BIN!!" He replied ... IN THE BIN????? Apparently it started to drip so instead of licking it like any normal person ... he threw it in the bin ... a big brand new delicious icecream!!! lol At first I was horrified and mad and thought about throwing a tantrum right there in the mall!! lol But a few seconds later I calme down thinking oh well that saved me some points. (to be honest for a split moment i considered saving it out of the bin, now that's desperate!! lol but quickly came to my senses)

Then Bill bought me the coolest pressie!!!! He surprised me while I was at the optomitrist. A Sanyo Smart camera phone!!!!! You know the ones that take photos and have a really cool colour screen!!! I was blown away!! So now there's no excuses for not having any update pics!!!!! He got himself a new phone too but just a normal one.

Then I did a bit of clothes shopping ... a pair of size 12 jeans and 4 tops (all size 12's) And that was on a bloated TTOM day too!!! wahoo I'm still a size 12!!!

Came home yesterday afternoon, worked in the shop till closing (7.30pm) then home for a dinner cooked by Bill... oh I nearly forgot another success ... poured myself a bourben and diet coke ... planning on settling in for night and getting ... ummmm ... blotto!!! lol ... then after one I thought ... nahh ... i actually think I've had enough after one ... that will do me, meaning I kept under points even saving one!! wahooo!!!

So I'm feeling pretty good today ... as soon as the TTOM disappears (stupid huh? anoyed when it doesnt arrive and annoyed when it does!! lol)

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 75.7kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: