Wednesday, September 22, 2004

About Me

Hmmm where to start??? ...

I wasn't born fat, much to my discust!! I would love to be able to blame it on that! lol

Average sized baby around 8lb something (can't quite remember back that far)

Grew up eating averagely healthy food ... by that I mean we ate 3 square meals a day ... but ... we lived on a farm where high fat meats were always in plenty supply. We were always told to eat all our veges. Although in hindsight I can see two small problems which maybe turned into big fat ones later on ...

1. We never had much fruit available to eat ... only the sour oranges on the home grown tree

2. Being on tank water (yuck!) we were never forced to drink water and infact all our liquids came from high sugar cordial

But I'm not going to blame this. Nothing can be changed about our history only lessons learnt to pass onto others after us. (not that they want to listen to me lol)

As a child I was teased in school, infact hated school altogether... wished there was some other alternative. Teenage years weren't any better. I tried to get boyfriends ... wished on the fartherest star ... hmmm .... no such luck there. I had friends in school but lets say I wasn't in the most popular crowd. I was FAT after all ... had been since I was around 6 or 7 ... my mother was fat, my grandmother was fat ... figured I couldn't do much about it so lay down and accepted it.

Many a time I decided I was going to be anorexic ... note the term 'decided' ... lol ... I tried with all my might ... with all my desire to be but come 4pm I couldn't starve myself anymore and gorge myself ... I did!!! Infact this became a daily accurance ... starve till 4pm ... gorge till couldn't eat no more! Then sit down and eat full dinner because I was too scared to let on to my parents I was officially an 'anorexic in training!' And of course what did this do to my system?? Killed my motabolism that's what ... right back there at 13yrs of age ... my motabolism died!! I've been grieving ever since!

But seriously folks ...

I vowed at the age of 15 I was one day going to lose weight and teach those arseholes who verbally abused me daily a lesson ... how, when, or with what I wasn't sure ... yet!

There were three boys in particular ... I'll mention later what evil revenge I took out on them in later years!! (breaks into an evil laughter!! lol)

At 17 I left school and went to Art school. I started a romance ... with cookie time cookies!!! I loved them!! Everyday I kissed the morning off with a big fat delicious coooooookie!!!! 6mths later I became that ... a big fat delicous cookie!!

I'd seen others lose weight on Jenny Craig so I piled all my money into an investment to lose my weight once and for all. Oh sure I lost the weight ... and it did take ALL MY MONEY!! lol And I would love to be able to say that was the end of the wonderful fairytale ... but there's so much more juicy gossip after this chapter so don't stop reading now!!

I lost a total of 35kg in just over a year on Jenny Craig. After all how could I go wrong?? They told me what to eat and I ate it ... after all I was very experienced at eating and being told what to eat. During that time I got hooked on the gym bug. Went morning, noon, and night!! It was my addictive drug ... my way of revenge (mwaa haaa haaa ha haaaaa) (just kidding) But in all honesty I thought I would become a world winning body builder, get my name (and body) plastered across the magazines and newspapers of the world and those little idiots from my high school years would see me and be green with envy let alone lust!!! lol ... well that was the plan ... but there was one little itty bitty problem with that plan that I didn't see at the start ....

Bill!! lol

I met Bill. I fell madly in love with this sweetie. At the time I was size 10 ... 65kg ... sexy (if I must say so myself) and my life lived around the gym. But when I met him that's all I wanted to be around ... him ... yeah, yeah I know enough of the soppy stuff!!

Soon the gym took second place and eventually I stopped going. Then I was shown a few good nights out on the town. Wow I had never seen this side of life before. I felt sexy, slim and suddenly I had a life.

So lets get this straight ... my exercise had totally stopped, my eating?? well I wasn't interested in paying too much attention to it anymore ... and I had found ALCOHOL!! At the age of 20 I lived like there was no tomorrow ... and very sadly only two years later all my weight had piled back on ... surprise, surprise????

Over the next 9yrs I married and had 4 children and maintained my huge 100kg weight (impressive huh? lol)

Four years ago my sister secretly joined weight watchers and started losing weight. I saw her start to slim down and she let me in on the secret when I asked. But being the proud woman I am I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon and be a copy cat ... sheesh gimmee a break!! I figured she would put it all back on again ... after all that's what losing weight is all about? right?? well that's all I knew then ... lose weight=gain weight plus more

But two years later she had lost her weight AND kept it off!! Gradually I decided that this weightwatchers thing can't be too bad. Then one day I was talking to her about it and she challenged me to go along to a meeting. I couldn't afford it ... no matter how much I wanted to go ... we were broke (at the time) and $15 a week was just too much to take out of our budget.

Then on my 29th birthday my sister gave me 10wks worth of meetings as a birthday present!!! What a fantastic gift!!! The gift of slimness ... and so much more!!!

So many people have a light bulb moment when everything blurs around them and they decide in the moment in time that the time has come for them to achieve their mission and lose weight. Hmmm sadly this wasn't the case for me ... I just got given these vouchers and felt abliged to go. They'd cost her so much ... the least I could do was to go... couldn't promise I was going to lose weight ... but at least I would go.

So went I did ... and for that first week I just did what I was told... not expecting any miracles... but at my first weighin I lost 1.3kgs!!! .... and the next week I lost another 1.3kgs!! I really felt this was ... well not easy ... it's never been easy ... but simple ... and the feeling of being in control is something I have become passionate about. When I stop eating the weightwatchers way I start feeling out of control and soon enough my weight begins to follow. I still have my splurges, my drinkies every now and then but it's the control I have over my eating that is the secret ... I decide my fate ... not my food!!

Now remember those 3 males I mentioned earler?? The one's I would have my revenge on ... well I always believe in what's goes around comes around ...

bully #1 ... he tried to chat me up when i lost weight the first time ... not knowing that I was infact the fat girl in school he used to tease and throw rubbish at ... and of course I gladly turned him down and told him he wasn't good enough!!

bully #2 ... I went to a school reunion a few months back ... me now at 75kg ... dressed to the nines in my most sexiest clothes and make up I could find. He nearly keeled over when he saw me. I walked up to him boldly as if I had nothing to hide ... as if nothing had happened. And get this ... he is now FAT!!!! HUGE INFACT!!! and married to a fat wife .. not that I have anything against fatness (I certainly know how it feels) but I really see the irony in this situation.

bully #3 ... Saw him at the same school reunion ... and he came up and hugged me saying how georgous I looked. Damn I felt FINE!!! I heard the secret whispers that day ... "wow look at Lynette ... she looks fantastic ... did you hear she's had 4 kids ... you couldn't tell ... wow!!! "

That folks is enough payback for me ....

On the 24th January, 2005 I got to my weightwatchers goal weight of 71kg ... infact kicked it in the butt with a 1kg loss that week bringing me down to 70.6kg.

Now for the next chapter of this journey ... losing the last few kilos to get me down to my personal goal of 65 - 68kg.... then maintaining this weightloss ... the hardest challenge yet!!

That's my life so far ... I'm still on this journey but I'm getting there slowly ... there's no race ... the important thing to note ... I will get there!!!

No comments: