Saturday, September 11, 2004

drifting

I did so well for two days!! No alcohol, no lollies, no fatty food ... then ... my mother came to visit. I loved having her here but she brought with her fatty pastry pies, doughnuts and cheesy buns!! Caught in a weak moment I gave in. I felt physically sick afterwards and knew I'd blown it!

Then last night we went out for dinner and dessert was offered to which I gave in ... again!! Devinely delicous but so rich I went to bed feeling sick again.

I'm so annoyed with myself. I do so well all day and then blow it! I was lying in bed this morning thinking about it and it really feels like I'm swimming against the tide. This is a lifestyle change which I have accepted and have found special treats that are low point to which I reward myself so I don't feel like I'm missing out. The last 18mths I have changed our eating habits and our lifestyles are alot more active. But it is like swimming against the tide ... I can't give up swimming or I'll drift away back to my 107.4kg weight. Every now and then i get tired of swimming, tired of moving my arms and kicking constantly. The last few weeks I have layed back and drifted for a bit which obviously results in drifting back away from my goal.

I'm tired ... 18mths of swimming is a long time!! ... I'm not giving up ... I will make it to goal ... just have to get my energy and motivation back again.

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 75.0kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: