Thursday, August 26, 2004

what a small world

Wow what a small place Waihi Beach is ... everyone knows everyone and people pop up everywhere that we know elsewhere!!

The two bank tellers at our Katikati branch live at Waihi Beach and one of the tellers has a daughter that lives next door to us. Then one of them turned up at my WW meeting.

The tip top rep worked with Bill 10yrs ago in a Hamilton supermarket and her husband is managing the 4square store across the road while the owner is away. Bill worked with both the owner and the manager on seperate occasions!! How flukey is that?? The good thing about this is we were able to get a little inside information on how the 4square is doing. Last year the 4square owner tried to set up an icecream parlour section to the store in competition to our shop (with the previous owners of course) and apparently (we found out from the fillin manager that Bill knew) there was a huge outcry in the town about it. They were at the point of picketing his store. This is huge knowledge to know!! It means the town is really behind us as a small business doing the family icecream thing and when we expand next year this gives us confidence it will all work.

Bill stayed at home yesterday while I worked in the shop. He promised to cook a wonderful dinner and have it ready by the time I got home. But hometime came and he said we were going out for dinner instead (typical male lol) ... this would have been fine except the one and only family restaurant in the town for some reason didn't open last night! lol So we had no choice but to get takeaways. But I did ok with having no chips, half a fish (which I took off the batter) and a burger.

Yesterday I pampered myself with having my hair done. I've gone darker this time with blonde streaks ... quite funky ... I love it. My brother is coming down for the weekend and he has a digital camera so I'll get him to take some pics of me, the shop and our house for you guys.

Bill and I both have the day off today ... yippee!!
Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 74.5kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: