Thursday, August 19, 2004

lovin it!!

Time as just flown by!! As you can probably tell with my lack of updates. Shy

For the first time in many months even years, I'm waking up excited about what the day holds for us!! Bill and I are working together with the same goals in mind. I'm out of the house everyday amongst people for the first time in 9 years!!! Too Happy 1 AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

For the first two days it was all quite overwhelming with so much to learn and remember. But by yesterday I was beginning to feel at ease with everything and confident in what I was doing. Big Smile For so many years (nearly 10yrs now) Bill has worked long hours away from home, leaving at 5 to 6am and not arriving home till around 6 or 7pm at night (sometimes even later) so I've been an at home mum all that time for all those hours and although I've enjoyed having the kids and pottering around home I really missed the people contact. Babysitting So I'm finally catching up on 10yrs of adult conversation!! And being able to work together with Bill is a dream come true!! Cool

So as you can probably read between the lines .... IM PRETTY HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!

I didn't make it to weigh in on Monday. It was our first day in the shop and Bill and I wanted to cash up and lock up the shop together for the first time.

My eating has been surprisingly good I think. Many people told me I would gain weight working in the shop and I have to agree it's a temptation that I've had to work on. Especially the lollies!! That's a big part of our business is lollies. Two of the jars had lids broken on them so it was so easy to slip and hand in there and pop a lolly in the mouth on the way past. But I've fixed the lid on the top to stop my hand. Another temptation time is making up lolly bags of 50c and $1 mixes. Bill and I had a brainstorming session last night to solve this one and came to the answer of having chupa chups for this time. Having a lolly pop in my mouth for this time will stop more lollies going in my mouth. This job is done once a day so a chupa chup (at half a point) once a day wont break the points bank, and it's done away from customers so it won't look bad.

Another temptation is hot pies and hot chocolate machine. I've given myself a rule no pies allowed full stop for me in the shop. I'm allowed to take a pie home and eat it with the family for dinner but even this is once in a blue moon because they are just so high in points.

As for the hot chocolate I've taken a jar down of Cadbury High Lites Drinking chocolate to the shop. I really enjoy this drink and it's low in points.

So for now I've come up with strategies to overcome the temptations that so many people told me I would secume to! But that's good because ít's made me more determined that ever to prove them all wrong! Raise The Roof 1

I'm outa here for now!
Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 74.7kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: