Saturday, July 24, 2004

Wise advice!

I took all your advice (and fantastic advice it was) and sat Bill down last night and had a Dr Phil chat. He said he wasn't purposely sabotaging me but that yes he probably wasn't being helpful buying me sweet treats.

So he agreed that he would "affectionate" (Bill's and my special word) me in otherways like massages and non-food/alcoholic treats.

AAAAnnnddd ...... Bouncy 2

I DID AWESOME WITH MY POINTS YESTERDAY!!! Yes What a victory!! I finished the day with only 16pts and NO ALCOHOL! Rave Girl I still had my small scoop of icecream but easily put it into my points for the day.

That's another snake overcome! Snake 2 Bronte will understand what I mean here. She emailed me yesterday with a wonderful article that I will post here for you guys to appreciate too. It hit the mark on the head of how I've been feeling lately. So a huge thankyou Bonte!!

Written by Jonny Bowden: Chutes and Ladders

The topic tonight is "creating a plan for the future." I would like to start by telling you a little story about a kid's game. I can't take credit for this. It comes directly from the LEARN program for weight loss, which was designed by psychologist Kelly Brunell at Yale, but it's a great analogy. The game is called "Chutes and Ladders." In the game, you go through a maze, you roll dice and you move steps, either up a ladder or down a chute. The idea is not to "land" on the chutes because they take you back down a few steps. You want to climb the ladders to get to the goal. This is what Kelly Brownell observed when he watched kids play the game. A lot of kids will land on the chutes, and not want to play anymore. They think the game is over. Now there is a huge parallel between Chutes and Ladders and weight loss. Everyone hits chutes eventually. The question is: do you stay in the game? Or are you like the kid that thinks if you land on the chute the game is over. You'd better expect the occasional chute. If you expect never to hit a chute, you're going to be disappointed, and you're more likely to think "I can't do this" or decide to quit.

How many of us have gone to a wedding and pigged out or gained a couple of pounds or had a (god forbid!) "binge" and thought, "That's it, I'll never do this." That is what we learned about last week: a story! What I want you to make the take home point here is, when you next hit that little obstacle (and you will hit it, I promise you), it's just a chute. Next roll of the dice, you might be on a ladder. And the story you make up, "I hit a chute. The game is over. I can't do this. I'm a failure," is just a dumb story. "


This really hit home and made me realise that even tho we have some bad luck sometimes and hit too many snakes that we will get to the end eventually when we stick it out. #1 Ribbon So yesterday I passed the same snake I've been sliding down far too many times.

Another thing Bronte mentioned in her email that I want to share with you is

"What ever weight you are, SOMEONE out there wishes they could be that small… This true even if you are 100kg, as I was when I started. Someone is always looking at you and admiring your weight and wishing they could be you.

This often helps me stay centered and realistic about my weightless and my life."


What a wise woman you are Bronte as was all the advice you all gave me!! Honestly you guys are such a huge support to me ... IT'S FANTASTIC!!! Thanks

I've updated my nibbling page today for anyone interested.

This maybe my last update before we shift. I'll try and get on tommorrow morning to do a quick update but not sure how I'll get on for time. My computer is getting packed up tomorrow afternoon and the packers come in Monday morning, then the truck leaves Tuesday morning.

Just think ... the next time I update we may possibly be at our new home!!! Exciting stuff!!

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 75.1kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: