Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Motivation & Willpower

I read something yesterday that really inspired me so I'll pass it onto you guys ...

Light Bulb 2"The problem with willpower is that it comes and goes, but if your world is set up to support your goals, that will prop you up when the willpower isn't there"
Dr Phil
Light Bulb 2

That is soooo true. As many of you know I have been through so fantastic times and some really hard times over the past year. People often ask me how I keep going, and the above quote is exactly the reason how. There's times when I am so motivated that absolutely anything could happen and I wouldn't budge and other times when I just can't seem to get motivated. That's a natural cycle of life, our motivation/willpower comes and goes.

When your motivation isn't there doesn't mean you are failing. It's all part of the journey. But what does keep you going is forward planning of your world. Set your home up to not fail... keep anything out of the house that would tempt you. In The Garbage Set up habits!! It takes 6wks to form a habit so while you have motivation get into good habits so when the motivation stops you habitually carry on doing the same thing. This is what I mean when I often talk about plodding. Walking Meaning at that time each step is hard to take and I can't look up to see the long term picture ahead but I concentrate on each step, putting one foot infront of the other. Often plodding is done without motivation, without enthusiasm, but that's okay. As long as that foot is still going infront of the other, that's what keeps us going ahead.

Well I hope this quote inspired you as much as it did me



Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.1kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: