Friday, January 04, 2008

Please don't get out the sticks ...

A quick post to let you know I'm still alive and kicking. Things are absolutely diabolical in the shop and on ambo! We had over 8,000 people through our shop on New Years Eve and similar numbers each day since!! We are literally running all day non stop till we shut the doors at 8pm, have dinner and flop into bed.

And don't think that because I'm doing lots of walking I'm losing weight ... I just don't have the time to prepare healthy meals so we're having alot of instant stuff and takeaways. It's like this each summer for me, I just go into survival mode. When things settle down again I'll get back to tracking and losing weight again. I'm not losing the plot, just have priorities set at a different focus for the next couple of weeks.

Last summer I beat myself up about not being able to lose weight at this crazy time of year but I'm starting to see the patterns now so have made a pact with myself not to get my knickers in a twist and just accept it, knowing when the people go home I have no excuse but to get straight back on track!

11 comments:

Kate said...

It's so funny to hear you talk about your "summer" right now since it's so darn cold here now, I forget your basically on the other side of the world!

Sounds like you have been super busy, I'm sure you will get back to your losing as soon as you settle down!

Chris H said...

Great attitude Lynn, for sure it's the wrong time to be worrying about preparing healthy meals and getting exercise... as if standing on your feet all day isn't exercise!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Just take each day as it comes Lyn... At least you are aware of what you are eating.. and takeaways can be semi healthy if you choose it to be...

jen said...

One day at a time ...priotities are work at mo...just remember the pact and don't stress.

Jules said...

That's the way we need to approach this crazy time of year. I have been the same with a vomiting bug in the house. Have barely had any sleep for 7 days, have been cleaning up vomit laden sheets and clothes every couple of hours and the last flippin thing I feel like doing is cooking. Oh well, next week is a new week.

I'm going to be heading from Auckland to Tauranga in early May and would love to meet you before we leave for Aussie. Would we travel through where you live or is it a detour??

Nona said...

It's really hard to stay the course when we are busy. Not beating up yourself is a good idea.

Lee-Anne said...

Well I hope things a slowing down a wee bit for you. I know how busy you've been. You are wise to know that there are some things that are out of your control especially when you're flat out. Things will return to normal and so will your routine.

Back home and back to reality. Back to tracking and eating properly. Exercising. The holiday is over for me. Now comes the hard part.

Hugs mate.

Tania said...

Wow - sounds like things really have been hectic for you. Just do what you have to do to get through each day and worry about the weight loss when it's over and things slow down again. It's so hard to focus on it so religiously when there are other stresses. Hope things settle down soon.

Karen said...

Happy New Year hun! Sorry for not posting more reguarly but am definitely lurking and reading.
Wow you sure are busy at the moment - and I agree with the others - do what you have to do to get through the day/week etc and then worry about the weight when things quieten down a bit.
Take care

Anne said...

Good on you for recognising the patterns and not getting bothered by it. Sounds hectic!!

Anonymous said...

lucky in simmer we can sweat off some of those kgs - especially if we are working hard hey??