Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dinner for two ...


Nona ... you asked how the hare is doing?? In his words he is 'shattered, knackered and not really focussed on weightloss at the moment'. We both at the stage now of dreading getting up to do it all over again each day. We work hard and feel proud of our achievements at the end of the day, but getting to be a bit like groundhog day. But summer is short and we have to make hay while the sun shines.

There's been a few special moments interjected to keep our spirits up. Yesterday was our 13th wedding anniversary. We were ushered outside to sit on the deck by our two oldest (12yrs and 9yrs) at 6pm and told not to come inside till allowed.

We were signalled to come back inside to a candlelit dinner in the lounge with spaghetti bolognaise and a glass of wine served. The first evening meal they have ever made for us and was all organised by them. They even went to the butchers to get the meat! It was so nice to have our kids old enough to do special things like that for us.

As we sat down to eat they took the two younger ones into the bedroom to eat their dinner (that they'd cooked) and give us some adult time with no kids. They then put themselves to bed at 8pm and we sat and chatted, sipping on our drinks.

Delightful evening!! Special kids that I have!

I also got my birthday present from Bill yesterday, a couple days late but that's ok. A voucher for 3mths personal trainer sessions. I've never had a personal trainer before and feel quite nervous about it. This guy looks over your whole diet and exercise so hopefully he's ww friendly! lol. This time round I haven't done a lot of exercise but I'm sure that's the next step to take and this will be a good incentive to get me kickstarted. I'm excited and nervous all in one. Great idea of Bill's, one that I'd never have thought of myself! Impressive!

Weighin tomorrow and really don't know how it will go. I've been on points for the week but TOTM arrived a few days ago so the old bloated feeling is hanging around, as usual. I'll see tomorrow I guess!

9 comments:

Chubbymum said...

You will lose the weight this week. There is no worries on that after watching your tracker my friend.

CM
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Sho said...

What a divine way to spend an evening.

Go the kids!!

Cheers
Shona :o)

Jules said...

What a bloody fab bunch of kids you have!!! That is just so special.

and that hubby outdoes himself now and then aye?? what i wouldn't give to have Bob training my fat arse.

Anonymous said...

so sweet - and anniversarys are great for "working" off some cals!

Kathy said...

You certainly have a great group of kids! That's reason enough to celebrate. What a special evening!

Kate said...

Awww your kids are so sweet! Happy Anniversary to you and Bill!

Tania said...

What wonderful kids you have!!! Glad you had a great night.

Lee-Anne said...

Happy 13th Wedding Anniversary to you guys.

What great and thoughtful kids you have.

Nona said...

I have some catch up reading to do here. My computer is still in the shop so I am having to jump on to my honey's in between his use.

Poor Bill ... good idea to put things on hold until he recovers. Only fair.

I'm so happy that you got the bracelet though ... but I'll talk about that later.

What a lovely lovely thing for your kids to have done. You must have been sooooo touched. Such darlings!!! And what a birthday gift!!! Bill gets FULL POINTS for knowing how to treat his girl!!! That's one of those gifts that'll just keep on giving.