Thursday, January 31, 2008

Diggin the whole deeper!


You guys are so cool! It's such a thrill to get home after a tiring day and be able to log on to see a whole lot of great advice. I never thought about the KFC being so high in salt but now that you mention it, yes it does taste that way.

The ambo issue is turning out to be an interesting one. It turns out that every officer I have spoken to has done the same thing and didn't realise it was a mistake ... so yes you were right Nona in suggesting that this may result in some retraining of us all. And it's turning out that so far (touch wood) it's becoming an issue that's far bigger than myself and we are not so much being taken to task for it but a lesson for our training system.

Lynise that's so bizare that Evianah has had similar issues. Fingers crossed for her that it doesn't come to that for her.

Ultimately yes today turned out much better. I got loads achieved and my food was spot on. I'm not sure what the weight is doing because I want to stay off the scales for a few more days yet till I notice that 'slim' feeling.

...

I had a 20ish lady come into the shop yesterday and I kept looking at her all the way down the aisle because I knew her from somewhere.

As she got the counter I asked her "Did you go to Hillcrest High?"
"No"
"Did you grow up in Hamilton?"
"No!"
"Oh ok. I know you from somewhere, do you recognise me?"
"NO" ...
As I continued to quizz her she cut me short and put me out of my misery ... "I used to be an actor on Shortland Street about 4yrs ago"
"Ohh my goodness wow!!!" Embarrased I turned bright red and muttered something about there being a number of celebrities coming into our shop. (why did I have to say THAT?? talk about making the hole deeper!!!)
"Do you get people recognising you often?"
"Yes I do actually" To which she cut the conversation short by wishing me a good day and walked out of the shop.

After she walked out Bill and I looked at eachother and burst into laughter!! I couldn't believe I did that!! What a dick I am!!!! LMAO!!! She was very nice about it ... poor girl!!

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Hope you have stopped feeling like a dork now! Ha ha, too funny. Good to hear the ambo issue is sorting itself out without you getting into strife.

Name: Lynise said...

lol, funny about the shorty street person. I ran into a celeb a few years back and made a similar idiot of myself, except I knew who it was immediately and said in my big loud fog horn of a voice "oh gosh its you,,,, hiiiiiiiiii" in a tone that suggested I knew them and they should of course know me.
Unfortuntely they didn't handle it very graciously and gave me a foul look (as if I was some sort of nutter) then, (while I stood in shocked surprised) my friend who was with me cracked up laughing once they had walked away.
Its funny because since that day I still can't believe they acted like I had leprosy or two heads or something and I still think they might be famous but what a snob. lol lol. Now I wont say any names, but lets just say that she was on a game show (many moons ago) and has had the same bob haircut for donkey's years. (if people still don't know, message me and I'll tell all) lol.

jen said...

Glad the ambo situation is slowly sorting itself out....
And that you have had a "spot on" day as far as food goes, good on ya!

pointing the weigh said...

Glad that all is turning out fine.

WOW! All the celebrities coming into your shop. Doesn't matter that you felt a bit daft at least the lady might always remember you...TeeHee

Hugs to you hun xx

Tania said...

Lol ... well if you can't embarrass yourself in your own shop where can you? :-)