Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's my day to do what I wanna ...


Back in blogland again. Things were definately hectic with the busiest summer we have had yet (in 4yrs). And our wages bill was half what it was other years so definately a good profit made. Now just have to spin it out over the winter time, that's the tricky part.

My waistline took an expansion as expected with a 1.6kg gain over the two weeks. But hey that's ok, I've dealt with it well and back on track again, so it will be off in no time.

The other little bit of news ... It's my birthday today!! yay me!!

Bill asked me a few days ago what I wanted to do for my special day

Dinner out? No too expensive if we take the kids and too hard to get a babysitter and besides I'm on ambo duty tonight so don't fancy sitting in a candlelit environment in my uniform and the pager going off and having to leave Bill with two half eaten meals.

Dinner at home with a bottle of wine? No, like I said I'm on duty (yep I didn't plan that one too well did I?)

Appointment to a hairdresser? No not really my way of spending a special day, sitting looking at a mirror with ugly flaps of silver foil.

Shopping trip to Tauranga? Nah. Dress shopping doesn't do it for me yet, not till I've lost a few more kgs.

Trip to a day spa?? Heck no! Having some skinny dropdead gorgous lady analyse my rolls?? Don't think so!!

So Bill was at a loss as to what to do ... I said in a small wee voice ... "There is something ..." Yeah? What? ...

A day on ambulance duty ... What??!!!? lol Yep! But a duty where I'm third man, goafer, no decisions to make ... just enjoy the day for what it is without the stress of having to train someone new ... so that's what I'm doing ...

I've put myself on with two competent officers as an observer ... hahaha!! And I put my shift as starting at 8am (not 6am like normal) and finishing at 3pm (not 6pm). Ok so you can officially say I'm addicted, if that's my choice for a birthday treat!! And treat it will be!!

The day has started off lovely already with my two eldest making me banana on fruit bread for breakfast ... they wanted to make me a full course cooked breakie but given my points limit we compromised with fruit bread. Awww ... the sweeties!!

So I'm going to make a fun day of it!! After all it's only once a year I get my own way and do what I want to do!

15 comments:

Lynda said...

Happy Birthday Lyn, I'm glad you are doing what you want today. Great too that you had such an awesome summer trading - the weather was the best this year!

Anne said...

Happy birthday!! I had to have a grin at how you are spenidng the day. How great it is that you enjoy the ambulance duty so much.

Pleased to hear you had a profitable holiday period in the shop. You will still be busy there for a while too.

Kate said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE! I hope you have a great one!

Name: Lynise said...

Happy birthday to uuuuuuu,
now I'm sending in the dr's (the head one's) as its just not right to be working on your b/day BY CHOICE.
My goodness woman we couldn't be more opposite, I would be off to do all those other things starting off with my fat feet soaking in some devine smelling solution waiting for a pedicure, then onto something equally indulgant like a facial, then perhaps some lunch somewhere nice before hitting the shops (kid free) for a bit of retail therapy.
Well as long as your happy thats all that matters. :-)

Jules said...

Happy Birthday Lyn

Enjoy your day of being a geeky girly swat.

I see you kicked Bill's arse in the challenge, way to kick it for the team.

Nic said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYN! Lucky your big week is over so that you can enjoy your special day. Looking forward to the day my kids want to make me breakfast in bed for my birthday, yeah right like that will happen :-)

Enjoy your day doing exactly what it is you want to be doing.

Chris H said...

You are a nutter, working on your birthday DELIBERATELY !!! Well each to their own, shows how much you love your job eh? HAPPY BIRTHDAY mate.

Tania said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYN!!! Definitely an unusual way to spend your birthday (working) but that alone proves you're in the right job. Glad to hear things will slow down a bit from here on. As to the gain - oh you're so right, you'll have it gone again in no time.

Jaxx said...

Happy Birthday Lyn :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday babe! and 1.6kg in 2 weeks over xmas and new year?? you lucky girl!

The Candid Bandit said...

*marilyn monroe voice*

Hap-py birth-day to you,
Hap-py birth-day to you,
Hap-py birth-day dear Ly-hin,
Hap-py birth-day to you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nona said...

Happy Birthday Lynn. It's Thursday 10th in the UK, so technically still your birthday. ;P

Hey, I'm a Capricorn too. No wonder I think you're cool. ;P Mine is next Thursday, we were born one week apart minus a few years ;P

Hope you had a great day!!!

pointing the weigh said...

I didn't know it was your Birthday 2 days after mine....strange eh? Probably why we have remained friends for some years now......CAPRICORNS....YEEEEHAAAAA


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNNY!!!

It sounds like you had a good Birthday....FANTASTIC!!

Loads of hugs to you xx