Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So unfair!!!


My initial step on the scales gave me ... wait for it ... a 200g GAIN!!! WTF???? How could that happen?? I've been so good this week. I had brief thoughts of jumping on them to teach it a lesson but chose to take my anger out on the padded seat of the weights bench next to the scales! My hand was grateful for it.

Ten minutes later and a visit to the ladies room and stepped on the scales again. 200g lighter giving me a 'stay the same' result ... still mad!! And for the next hour had a mental tantrum vowing to eat my way through the day. After all if I'm going to gain or stay the same I may as well enjoy it along the way!! How dare those scales be mean to me this week, I so didn't deserve that!!

An hour or so later I served a lady in the shop who used to come to my weight watchers meeting who has put on masses amounts of weight. Nothing against her because who am I to judge anyone for weight gain? I don't know what she's been through the last few years for that to happen. But what it did do was make me realise if I let this weeks result get to me that could be me!! I have no choice!! I HAVE to keep going regardless!!

So another day on track, even with my tantrum outburst!! Next week this fluid better be gone and teach those scales a lesson!!

11 comments:

Chris H said...

I hear ya girl! Crack on, don't let a friggin number today stuff up the rest of your week. You rock.

Chubbymum said...

I have been watching your tracking hun and that is not right.... you should have lost!! You should have and you have been so good. It will show up next week IT WILL I know it. Also have you got your monthly or coming? because that makes a difference with you doesn't it?
That shouldn't have been the result and I can imagine I would have wanted to throw the damn scales out the window.

Chubbymum

Anonymous said...

yep - my ww leader said that your weight reflects the week before, not the week you have just had because it takes that long for your body to adjust - plus you had pasta the night before and that always shows a gain.... you will lose next week for sure!

Name: Lynise said...

oh dear, know how demoralising an undeserved gain is.
Remember that little tip about up to 4kg being stored in the intestines and it should be gone in 24-30 hours.

I am just like the lady who came into your shop, I've done this darn journey before and stacked on heaps again, so I also know the feeling of not being able to just stop trying to lose as I know if I don't continue I would probably only get bigger (and that is just too depressing to even think about).

Name: Lynise said...

have just re-read my comment, what a jumbled lot of nonsense I write at 11.07pm. (need some sleep I think). Hope you can understand what I was trying to say. :-)

jen said...

Good on you Lyn...next week will be better,

Keep smiling ..... onwards and downwards,

Jen

Kate said...

Your right, you don't want a small gain/ maintain to turn into a BIG gain. Hang in there girl, it will come off!

Jaxx said...

Bugger but you know you have done well - focus on that :).

Anne said...

What special kids you have doing the lovely meal for you both.

Scales can really influence how you feel. I'm sure that you will get the deserved loss next week!

Jules said...

You and your obsession with the numbers. chill out and have a glass of water and think of the massive loss next week baby cakes.

Nona said...

Man that kid in the photo needs an exorcism!!! LOL!!!

Looks as though you learnt a vital lesson this week. Press on my friend!!!