Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Has the world gone mad?

It's been awhile with out an update from me so even tho I haven't got much to say wanted to let you all know I'm still ontrack and hoping for a good loss at weighin tomorrow morning, now that the fluid from TOTM has disappeared.

I went and did an ambulance shift with my sister who's a Paramedic at her station in Ngaruawahia. We had a fantastic day together, including another cardiac arrest that we brought back, this time in the back of the ambulance on SH1 between Huntly and Ngaruawahia.

As I was about leave to come home I heard on the news that while I was away my town went crazy!!! with police chases and gunmen crazed P addicts being shot by police. Kinda killed my story on the cardiac resus! lol. I saw my local ambulance on the news with fellow officers there.

And on getting back I found out that another ambulance officer from our station got hit by a car at an accident. A truck had crashed infront of her so she stopped to help him get out and see if he was injured. As she was standing on the side of the road a car came along and hit the same slippery patch on the road as the truck had and went into a side skid off the road and into the ambo officer. She was rushed off to hospital herself with serious arm injuries. Ironically the truck driver was uninjured.

That was happening at the same time as the police chase/shootout in town! For those of you wanting to find out a little more about that you can here.

Hopefully I'll be back with some good weighin news tomorow.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Must take a read - sounds crazy.

Love the Pandora charms - I ahve a bracelet as well - may go and treat myself to the little fatty charm - it's cute:-)

Chris H said...

I thought of you immediately when I heard about that police chase/shooting!!! Sorry about your work colleague being injured.

Amanda said...

Wow that sounds like one crazy day! Going to have a read of the link.

Greetings from Holland! Amanda :)

Nona said...

WOW!!! Your life at full pitch never ceases to amaze me. How cool that you got to work with your sister and save a life.

Kinda glad you weren't in town while all that craziness was going on. Hope your coworker is healing well. What a day that was!!!