Friday, November 30, 2007

Side splitting news ...


Thankyou so much Linda for this award! It really made me think back to when I first started blogging in 2003! Linda was one of my blogging buddies back then. There's only a small handful of us still blogging that started back then. So much has happened to all of us yet blogging has been one thing that has remained. Even with breaks inbetween I have always gone back to it, because it's like therapy for me. Yep, you're all my psychologists!! lol
I'm passing this onto two more buddies ...
Mandy - When I first met you in real life there was something that clicked! You're one AMAZING chick!! You're someone I can hang out with and never feel like I have to be anyone else but myself!!! THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THAT!! You've been there for me through thick and thin ... hehe, just realised the pun!
Janene - I came across you're blog quite a few years ago and something said to me "this girl has that 'X factor'. I've seen you struggle and then soar!! I'm so excited to be one of the privileged to witness you emerging into one beautiful lady!!!
There are so many other blogs that I love to read and that get me through when I'm lacking in motivation. It could be hard to finish this post if I listed everyone one of you who inspire me. So give yourselves all a big hug and tell yourself 'Thankyou!!' from me!!
Another bit of exciting news ... I've achieved another one of my little goals on the side bar. When I first wrote that list back at 122.6kgs it felt like each one of those things were in the far distant future! To far to even picture myself achieving them. And yet bit by bit without me even realising I am getting through them. The latest goal to achieve?? ...
Yesterday I had to come and get another small ambo uniform! Yay!!
I'd actually been putting it off and putting it off. My station manager had mentioned to me a little while back that my pants were looking horribly baggy with the crutch hanging down to my thighs. I think I actually got used to them being so baggy because after a while I really didn't notice it. I started to think maybe I was putting on weight because I didn't see the need for new ones anymore.
I sat down to tie up my shoe laces on my new boots (another story I'll tell ya in a minute) and RRRRRIIPPPPP!!! Right up the inside thigh! I was soooo lucky they hadn't ripped half an hour before when I was infront of the ambulance training doing a scenario in splinting!! Phew!!
So my old baggy ambo pants have been chucked! RIP baggy pants!
As I put my new sparkly ones on Bill said to me "wow those pants look great on you!! You look so slim!" And suddenly it made me realise how yucky and baggy my old pants were.
The funny thing with this was (and here's the boot story) ... my boots had given up the ghost 3 or 4 weeks back. They had ripped right down the inside seem and the heel was half hanging off. I'd ordered a flash new pair of converse paramedic boots from Aussie but they still hadn't arrived. I was hoping they'd arrive soon before my old one's truly gave out. And just in time the parcel arrived on Wednesday night. So after training I hurried home to try on my new flash boots!! Finally I would have a full good looking uniform, without scuffy horrible boots. I sat down to do up the laces and yep ... Rrrip!! went my pants!!!
So now FINALLY I have new pants AND new boots ... I feel like a little girl with a new Sunday outfit!!! Whoop wooo whoop whoop woooooo!!!
Check out these new boots!!! here
As for weighin tomorrow ... The scales have been up slightly all week but I feel slim so who knows???

7 comments:

pointing the weigh said...

You truly deserve the award and you are a true blogging friend.

Got to say that my awards weren't given/chosen in order of preference.
Yes Lyn you are so true about being blog buddies for such a long time/5 years, you, Lynda, and myself are some of the old originals/timers.....oops I should speak for myself when I say old eh?.....*snigger*....and timers.......*BIG SNIGGERS*

Love ya xx

Chris H said...

Woo hoo on the new pants and boots! They look so , I dunno.... LADYLIKE? LOL

Jules said...

Yay, the goals are being achieved, the air is sweet!!

Regarding Outrageous Fortune, you will LOVE it. You can get series one and two at the warehouse for $23 each I think, if you wanted to get up to speed.

Anonymous said...

OMG my husband is looking at me right now and concerned...

I was crying..

Thank you very very much for the kind words. OMG I feel the same way and everytime we meet or talk or email I do feel like we have known each other forever and there is a relaxed feeling there... like we have been friends for years...thank you hun for such lovely words. And just remember ;-) I am always here ya know that aye hun....

Love ya
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Good luck with weigh in! its hard to tell when it comes to the scale, sometimes you can be up all week,and then BAM! a great loss! I just hate it when I'm down all week, then I see a gain! haha.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Congrats on the new smaller pants..woooohoooo how exciting!!!
Love the new boots too...

Lee-Anne said...

You're achieving your goals one at a time. Nothing like fitting into smaller clothes to give you a boost and keep you on track.

Go you mate.