Sunday, November 18, 2007

This woman can fish


We all went out as a family today for a stint of fishing off the rocks. It was my first expedition on rough terrain since my surgery. And I'm pleased to say my ankle did really well. Can't say much for the fish tho! We lost about $14 in snagged hooks, broken lines and lost bait with not one fish caught. After an hour we gave up and Bill raced home and got the kayak and we spent the time kayaking in the bay and playing cricket on the beach.

Came home looking a little like Santa with rosy cheeks. It was good to get out on a Sunday. Normally I sit at home and get housework done and watch a bit of telly. Problem with that is I get bored and eat too much. I still ate quite a bit today but went for cherry tomatoes and strawberries which kept my points down.

I have a couple of points left now that I've finished dinner so might end the night with some more strawberries and ww icecream.

4 comments:

Tania said...

Don't you just love days like that? We try to have a "family day" every Saturday regardless how busy we are and I love every minute of it! I bet it didn't even matter that you didn't catch any fish ... lol

Nona said...

Yummmmy strawberries and ice cream. Glad you had a great day with your family.

Rachel said...

Firstly - congrats on a fantastic loss of 1.7kgs!

The family day out sounds lovely even though you didn't catch any fish.

Strawberries......yummmmmmm

Helena said...

ahhhhhhhh the joys of fishing ... Craig loves it ... it drives me insane LOL Sounds like a great time out regardless :)