Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sinful temptation anyone??



I've changed my weighin day to Saturdays. I've teamed up with two email buddies to give me some accountability and we all weigh in on the same days. So that meant only a 3 day week this week between weighins.

Results today ... 1.5kg loss!! Wahoo! My tracking and inspiration kickstart has paid off. It's so nice to be back in control again. I decided to do a google search on "1.5kg" and it's fascinating what comes up ... I found this pic in my search ...



A 1.5kg 'Sinful Moist Chocolate Cake'

Very ironic ... Would I much rather eat the 1.5kg sinful moist chocolate cake? Or have 1.5kgs gone off my hips? Hmmm ... given how good it felt to see that 1.5kgs gone on the scales this morning ... I choose to lose the 1.5kgs! Besides, no matter how sinful this cake is I'm pretty sure I'd feel pretty sick after it!!

I went out to a potluck dinner last night to farewell an ambulance officer leaving. They had a huge spread put on but I stuck to just the salads and no dessert. With that and the few drinks I had I managed to stay pretty much within points (went over by 2pts) so I'm happy with that.

I went to my surgeon appointment yesterday. He couldn't believe how well I was walking. No limp, he even thought I had a bounce in my step. I asked him if I could go back to ambulance earlier (still have another 3wks on my medical certificate).
"Sure!!" He said "when do you want to go back?"
"Ummm ... today??" lol I think he was a bit taken back by that because there was an awkward silence ...
"Probably not today. You're doing so well. I'm really impressed but I think we need at least another week before going back, to insure your ankle boots don't irritate the wound"
Although as disappointed as I was I understood where he was coming from. So we compromised at a week and I'm officially discharged from his care. I can deal with that, one week's not so bad.

I've finished my shift in the shop today and tomorrow is my day off so plan on having a quiet weekend with so much going on this last week, think I need to take it easy.

Ohh nooo!! So much for taking it easy ... getting paged to the shop, they must be busy. Amazing how the people come out of hiding when the sun's out ... better go

9 comments:

Christine said...

Glad to hear that you are doing so well. Congrats on your loss - and I love your new profile picture (the pucker up picture) very good! :) Take care and make the most of the rest of your time off work.

Helena said...

you are on fire! Congrats on a great loss and awesome attitude :) Foot is looking great too, can imagine how much you are itching to get back into ambo though!

Chris H said...

Fantastic loss chick.... and yaaa to being allowed to go back to Ambo in a week... I know how much you love it!

Zanna said...

Brilliant loss Lyn - well done. And so good to hear how well your ankle is doing,
Z xx

The Candid Bandit said...

Oh Lyn that is bloody awesome! After all the rubbish I ate at bubs birthday party today I needed to read this for inspiration. Thankyou ! :)

Kate said...

Congrats on the awesome loss! It's funny I always have to look to see what the conversion is between kilograms and pounds being I'm on the other side of the world!

That cake sure looks good! But like yourself, I find it amazing how sick stuff like that makes me now that I don't eat it all the time!

Tania said...

Great loss Lyn! Good news about being able to go back to amublance in a week too - glad to hear all is going well with your recovery.

Rachel said...

1.5kg is 3 friggin days - WOW, AWESOME!!!!

Also great news about going back to ambo early.

Anne said...

Great loss!! Well done - success is one big motivator!