Monday, November 19, 2007

Slow and steady ...

It's official!! Bill and I are having a race to lose weight!

For the last 18mths I've been heavier than Bill ... alot heavier ... 20kgs heavier. And slowly bit by bit I've been catching him up (or down should I say). I am now only a couple kilos heavier than him. Me at 107.7kgs and Bill at 105.6kgs.

So the race is on ... first to 90kgs wins!!

Even tho I'm 2kgs behind him I know I can do this! Bill is a classic hare ... starting with a bang and he'll lose it fast, 2-3kgs a week. That is, while it lasts! He won't hold out tho, he doesn't have the stick ability like I do. He'll flake out half way there and lie down for a nana nap! I know it! hehe!!

While I, the tortoise on the other hand, will plod away slowly bit by bit and pass him 5mtrs before the finishline! Watch me baby, I'll win ... no worries!!

He wanted to give me a helping hand by making it a percentage thing like on biggest loser ... but no way ... I don't need no helping hand. That's just to make his ego feel better when he doesn't win! lol

I was all inspired to go for a walk tonight after reading Chris and Janene's blog. But dinnertime came round too quickly and I just ran out of time. But after dinner I made the suggestion to Bill that we go out as a family for a walk and he jumped at the idea so off we went to walk around the Martha Mine and Pumphouse in Waihi.

We got there at 7.20pm and as we came to the entry gates by our car at 7.45pm the gates were locked!! So we had to walk back to the other entrance. We walked quick smart hoping that gate wasn't locked too or we might be spending the night sleeping under a tree. As we got there the guy was just about to put the lock on the gate... phew! Lucky! It turned our 20 minute walk into a 45 minute one, so that's gotta be good. And my ankle held out good, well onto being fully mended.

So the next thing to do ... choose my prize. My reward for winning our race to 90kgs. We've made the prize something worth $200. It's not allowed to just be money, so I have to think of something cool worth that much ... Any ideas?? I need to seriously think about this, after all, the prize will be MINE!! :)

8 comments:

Ally said...

Hi Lyn, today I bought my 'prize' for myself... a Pandora bracelet and I'm going to reward myself with charms for kilos lost....
www.pandoracharmbracelets.com.au/
Good luck, you go girl!

Moby Dick said...

You have a great idea, a race!! You are very close to the 199, I guess that is around 90 kg. For me that would be nirvana. Good luck to both of you, you can do it!!

Chris H said...

I love the attitude, of course you will win!!! No idea on your prize, we are all different and like different things! I'm sure you will think of something.

Chubbymum said...

Snap!! I think the 4 of us are thinking alike.. J and I had a talk about weight loss last night too and every kilo I lose he is going to give me a charm that I want... These are Italian Charms (will have to find the website and show you) and they aren't expensive but they are cool and they have sayings on each one.... The challenge sounds like an easy one for ya hun he he he....WATCH OUT Bill this is gonna cost ya he he he

Love ya
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

What a cool idea.

Andrew and I are also only about 2 or 3 kgs apart - I'm going to suggest it to him tonight and as he is REALLY competitive I reckon he'll go for it. Thanks!

You are SO gunna win - go Lyn, go Lyn, go Lyn.

Lee-Anne said...

How about something cool and stunning for somebody's upcoming wedding. lol.

Go easy on Bill too. Afterall he's only a male. Second thoughts - go for it.

Looking forward to catching up over the christmas/new year period. We're there from 22 December to 3rd Jan. Know you'll be busy but sure we can find time for a few drinks.

Anonymous said...

yuor blog is great! i just found you via jo's blog and you are doing so well.. good on you! :) x

Ally said...

Lyn, if you're interested, try this website.... they send to NZ, and are close to where I live, and are reputable.
http://www.pandora-beads-r-us.com