Wednesday, November 21, 2007

He'll keep!!

True to the story ... Bill came down to the shop soon after I'd opened to ... umm ... skite!! Yep that's the exact words he used "I've come to skite! I'm only 102kgs this morning"

Damn it!! How can that happen?? The night before last he was scoffing crofters cheesecakes (16.5pts) and a colosal cone (6pts) just before bed. And as I walked in yesterday lunchtime he was trying to shove the remains of a pie in his mouth without me seeing.

Last night when it came for going for a walk, Malachi (9) and I went on our own, while Bill remained at home watching tv. But in saying that, I'm glad I went for the walk. As we got down to the beach we noticed some kite surfers on the beach and it reminded me of the commitment I made to myself back in February. When I get to goal I want to do that. Both Mal and I stared in awe for ages at them going back and forth, in and out of the surf, jumps, flips and bombing out, popping back up and carrying on.

Here's a clip I found on YouTube to show what I mean.



Apparently it takes alot of upper body strength, something I can strive for once I get nearer goal. Although lucky for us here we're not in a flight path with Jumbo Jets!! lol

We got home around 7pm and I cooked up my healthy meal while Bill and the kids had their Tuesday night takeaways. I went to bed with a clear conscience knowing I'd done everything right today and one step closer to my $200 reward. Oooohh! Talking about that I did a bit of googling to research the Pandora Bracelet and Italian Charm Bracelet.

I really like the thought of having something I can continue to ad to as I achieve each 5kg lost.

I'm still keeping focused on that bracelet because IT WILL BE MINE! I know Bill has by some miracle managed to achieve a 3kg loss in 2 days (however official weighday is not till Saturday) and I have heard nothing but "I'm winning, I feel so LIGHT!!" from him ... but he won't hold out ... I'm sure pretty soon he'll be needing a nana nap!

8 comments:

pointing the weigh said...

OOooo gorgeous bracelet!!!

Men always seem to lose weight easier than us ladies....so not fair

Hugs to you hun xx

Rachel said...

I went home and spoke to Andrew about your challenge and he's up for it, so this morning we weighed in (I didn't go to WW last night - chickened out) and now it all on!

Rather than us getting to a certain weight (ie. 90kgs) we are just starting with "most weight lose by christmas".

Thanks for the suggestion.

Those things will catch up on Bill, if not this week - next, so don't worry. The turtle always wins :)

sandie_bee said...

Hey Lyn,
I also have a bead reward bead bracelet. You should check out the Bead box on Pitt St in the city they have lots of great beads, then you can pick out each bead you want. I fell in love with lots of beads but only picked out the ones I most loved. Their prices are a fraction of Pandora Bracelet's

The Candid Bandit said...

The pandora bracelets are gorgeous (but very pricey!)

Brooke (Bitebybite) has just done this exact reward incentive and I love the idea.

Did you know, genetics will play a massive part in men vs women weight loss.

Mens fat cells are completely different to womens. Ours expand up to 3 times bigger than theirs and they are able to shrink theirs 3 times faster. Check out an amazing book called Fat Wars by Brad King. It's purely science based and HUGELY interesting. That is why I feel that the Biggest Loser really is unfairly set up re: Men and women.

Food for thought right?

The Candid Bandit said...

Having said that - it realyl is about whatever puts a fire in your belly. If competing with a significant other is what drives you to succeed and get healthier then forget everything I said. LOL

Nona said...

As someone mentioned he does have genetics on his sides so he may not have to make as much effort to come out ahead. Still my money is on you Bella. Keep pressing on!!!

Anne said...

You can do it and beat Bill!!

I have a Pandora bracelet. Love them - funky but pretty:-)

Thanks for your kind comment Lyn - all we can do is hang in and be there.

jen said...

Go Lyn, you can do it...course ya can....and that Pandora bracelet (which are absolutely gorgeous) will be all yours!!!